PDA

View Full Version : Jude Law in my Back Yard!

Chumplet
12-06-2007, 05:24 AM
I knew that would getcha!

We got a letter tucked in our mailbox today, informing us that a movie is being shot at our local hospital on Monday and Tuesday. It's down the street from me, not more than a block away. It's a futuristic thriller with Jude Law and Forest Whitaker. They'll be doing interior and exterior shots at Southlake Medical Centre, probably because our hospital was just expanded and we have a really neat arch/bridge going across Davis Drive -- looks futuristic!

The letter says it's called The Repossession Mambo and it's about the near future where medical procedures have become consumer items. It revolves around a man who gains a soul after buying a heart.

I dug around and IMDB says it's a little darker than that. Two guys become repo men, taking back artificial organs from people who can't afford to pay for them. Whoo!

They'll also be doing exteriors on Lundy's Lane, which is just behind my house.

I think I'll be doing some paparazzing!

maestrowork
12-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Jude and I are good friends. He makes good crumpets, Chumplet.

Little Red Barn
12-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Ohh, how cool, Chumplet. Get an auto and send to me :)

reigningcatsndogs
12-06-2007, 05:51 AM
I've got my tent all packed -- coming to pitch it at your house!!

KTC
12-06-2007, 05:55 AM
I've got my tent all packed -- coming to pitch it at your house!!

Let me get this straight...you'll be pitching a tent? Right?

melaniehoo
12-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Ooh ooh! I'm so jealous!

Wave for me, k?

KTC
12-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Ooh ooh! I'm so jealous. They made me waiver my right to enter Newmarket. Something about my love for Liberace or something.

Okay then.

melaniehoo
12-06-2007, 06:18 AM
Pffft.

Susie
12-06-2007, 06:24 AM
That's exciting, Chumplet. Hope you get to be an extra in the movie.

Chumplet
12-06-2007, 06:46 AM
That would be cool but I'm working both days. I'll sneak down and watch some of the nighttime shoots just to see what goes on.

Hmm... there's a pub only a block further down. Maybe I should go there for lunch, just in case...

reigningcatsndogs
12-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Let me get this straight...you'll be pitching a tent? Right?
Oh, come on!! How bad can it be?? I lived in Edmonton and Winnipeg!!! Nothing is colder than Edmonton or Winnipeg!!!

reigningcatsndogs
12-06-2007, 08:06 AM
That would be cool but I'm working both days. I'll sneak down and watch some of the nighttime shoots just to see what goes on.

Hmm... there's a pub only a block further down. Maybe I should go there for lunch, just in case...

Yeah, for sure check it out. That's how we met Christopher Reeve when he was filming Superman in Calgary -- lunch at Mother Tuckers!!

KTC
12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh, come on!! How bad can it be?? I lived in Edmonton and Winnipeg!!! Nothing is colder than Edmonton or Winnipeg!!!

Never mind.

note to self: Not everybody picks up on double entendre.

Chumplet
12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
My house can be pretty chilly.