I am sooooo embarrassed!

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
This morning I had the meeting from hell and walked out totally stressed and needing to do a TON of work for our next meeting tomorrow morning. I quickly logged on to my school email and found a message from a parent - "How is XXX doing in your class?"

I quickly wrote back and said that he is missing a lot of assignments because he cries a lot and disrupts class, therefore needs to leave the room.

A few hours later I logged back into my email and found another message from the parent - "Can you tell me more about this "crying" in class - is he actually crying?"

I hit reply and start typing out a message about how, yes, he is actually crying. A lot. Every day. In the back of my mind I'm thinking this doesn't add up - this mom KNOWS her son cries all day every day. Why would she question that?

Just as I was hitting the send button, I noticed the subject field - it said: XXX YYY. The kid I had been talking about was XXX ZZZ!!! I wrote to mom and explained that I had the WRONG XXX and that her XXX was doing just fine! Fortunately she took it fine, but EGADS! I am sooo embarrassed....

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
She's probably just so relieved that her son isn't having a hard time that she will overlook this quickly.

CandlestickJay

Registered
Reaction score
Aww man! That totally smells. I do that all the time though, so don't worry about it. Except, I'm so bad with names that the person will come up to me and start talking to me like they know me and then I'm like...."I feel like I should know you from somewhere..." and they are like - "Dude, I'm in your skit!"

Then I REALLY feel like a jerk,

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I worried about things like that when I was teaching. Even now, when I have more than one person on IM, I am always worried that I will send the wrong message to the wrong person.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I have a bunch of teacher friends and they freak when stuff like that happens too. But you did all you could do to make it right, have a drink and adopt the old teacher saying that they always tell me they do, "ah piss on them, they'll all be gone next year..."

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a relief EA and today I went into a class to relieve a teacher for a break and she looked puzzled. I explained that I was working for "Jane" today, didn't "Jane" usually come and work in her class? Her reply was a snort, an eyeroll and a "not in this lifetime." Found out later that "Jane" was the cause of this woman's marital break up. Ooops. Man living in a small town is incestuous enough, but working in the school system is compounding the problem 10 fold.:(