Not open for further replies.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Hello! This post was from the holidays and I'm going to be on a wee break for a while. If you desperately need some runes or have questions don't hesitate to email me!
Cheers -

Yes, just in time for the Solstice and Chanukah and Kwanzaa and Christmas, too! Hand etched Norse Futhark Stone Rune Sets.

DTRS556md.png

Give the gift of insight for the holiday season ;)

25 Runes to a set, they are hand carved into 1"-2" river stones and inlaid with gold foil. They come with a carrying pouch and instructions. I spend days finding the perfect stones for the sets and then I carve them down in my sanctuary.

I ritually cleanse them before I package them up so they are ready for your own cleansing and imprinting.

I sell them on my web site for up to $25 but AW members can have them for $17 and $2 shipping. If you want speedy delivery (two day) that's $5.

Email me or PM with your order and we can get the paypal payment/invoice set up for you! Please use paypal direct and do not order through my website. This is an AW member special --

Blessed Be and happy holidays!!!!

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fionah, I'm sending this link to our daughter. I don't know how much spending money she's got these days (she's a grad student), but I'm sure she's going to admire them if not buy them. They're quite lovely!

Maryn, finding all kinds of lovelies here lately

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know. . .I really want to buy some but. . .what would I do with them?

Persuade me, Foinah. I have money to spend.

(And, no, I'm not just playing around. Gimme a good reason and I'll buy. :D)

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I don't know. . .I really want to buy some but. . .what would I do with them?

Persuade me, Foinah. I have money to spend.

(And, no, I'm not just playing around. Gimme a good reason and I'll buy. :D)

Because if you buy them I'll be happy??? Just kidding.

I've been reading and making runes for years. These hold up very, very well. A number of the runes on the market are mass made, commercially produced sets by non-practitioners.

Often times the symbols are on clay disks that crack or are painted on stones. The runes rub off and you're left guessing.

These runes can be used by the seasoned practitioner or the curious novice. They can be for novelty. They are also esthetically pleasing to look at and hold in your hands.

Okay...and you'll be one of the cool kids if you buy a set ;) :hooray:

I'll even rub them with phentermine if you ask nicely.

ETA : I just realized that you might be asking a serious question...what are runes?

Runes are divining stones that show the paths through your life's journey. Your path is not set and the choice of the journey is your own. Runes guide you with answers to the different pathway choices and outcomes of those choices. Runes do not tell your future, they provide an overview. The reason I love runes so much is that it is difficult to drift into the grey or black area of the craft while using them. They are a tool, a tool that cannot be corrupted.

Last edited:

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Because if you buy them I'll be happy??? Just kidding.

I've been reading and making runes for years. These hold up very, very well. A number of the runes on the market are mass made, commercially produced sets by non-practitioners.

Often times the symbols are on clay disks that crack or are painted on stones. The runes rub off and you're left guessing.

These runes can be used by the seasoned practitioner or the curious novice. They can be for novelty. They are also esthetically pleasing to look at and hold in your hands.

Okay...and you'll be one of the cool kids if you buy a set ;) :hooray:

I'll even rub them with phentermine if you ask nicely.

Hm, I probably will buy. Would you mind waiting until tomorrow for my answer, though? My card's been messing up on PayPal lately and I want to go figure that out first before promising people I'll buy their stuff. ;)

Happy Writing,
Akuma

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Hm, I probably will buy. Would you mind waiting until tomorrow for my answer, though? My card's been messing up on PayPal lately and I want to go figure that out first before promising people I'll buy their stuff. ;)

Happy Writing,
Akuma

Oh sure! There's absolutely no deadline...i'm as loose and free as the wind. Wait...that makes me sound like a tart (heh).

No worries.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick FYI. I sent our daughter the link and she was very interested, but not sure about her spending money until later in the month. Are the runes something you have in stock and on hand, or one-of-a-kind?

Maryn, who's seen the cheesy clay runes that break as well as the painted ones that rub off

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Just a quick FYI. I sent our daughter the link and she was very interested, but not sure about her spending money until later in the month. Are the runes something you have in stock and on hand, or one-of-a-kind?

Maryn, who's seen the cheesy clay runes that break as well as the painted ones that rub off

I make them as they are needed. So no stress, no worries. I spend a lot of time gathering stones so I have buckets... literally.

When I need to make Runes I just go down to the beautiful little sanctuary building my hubby built me, build a fire, relax...then start carving runes.
Ahhhh...good times.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
I sent you a PM, though didn't insert info other than I'm interested. Brilliant of me, eh.
I'll PM you again with address, or whatever you need.

Wanted you to know, don't rush for holiday on my account. Birthday's in January, so these will make a nice treat as one of those: special purchases just for me.

k

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I sent you a PM, though didn't insert info other than I'm interested. Brilliant of me, eh.
I'll PM you again with address, or whatever you need.

Wanted you to know, don't rush for holiday on my account. Birthday's in January, so these will make a nice treat as one of those: special purchases just for me.

k

Got your PM...tag, you're it ;)

I buy myself those kinds of prezzies all the time! Somehow, I always know what I'll want, heh heh.

I think you'll like the runes.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Don't suppose you do Ogham sticks, do ya? :D

(My friend who does runes made his own set already.)

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
My mom made my ogham sticks. They are beautiful...lots of work go into them.
That may be something I might make in the future ;)

Right now I'm just doing runes (and a variety of other items on a small scale -- altar cloths, herb pouches, drinking horns, ritual bath salts and oils, scrying mirrors, grimoires, wands...).

It's perfect that your friend made his own runes -- found object magick is the best!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
The runes are gorgeous! And the perfect birthday gift for someone I know. I sent a PM with a question about the herb pouches too.

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Ever thought about making ogham stones?

I think they should be put on wood...I have no problem using ogham for writing or doing bindings in stone, but for casting they should be on wood (the celtic tree alphabet and all ;) )

If I could find uniform enough stones, I might try carving a set...

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
I think they should be put on wood...I have no problem using ogham for writing or doing bindings in stone, but for casting they should be on wood (the celtic tree alphabet and all ;) )

...And doing them on birds would just be weird :D

If you do end up doing this, please please tell me. I don't trust myself with sharp objects and irregular surfaces. I managed to get stitches just from carving candles.

-Shweta

Deleted member 42

If I could find uniform enough stones, I might try carving a set...

I'll let you know how it turns out.

The fifth through 12th century Irish used 'em on stones, large and small . . .

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
The fifth through 12th century Irish used 'em on stones, large and small . . .

Yes...standing stones. Ogham predates the 500 AD mark. As you know it is widely believed that Ogham derived from another system of writing and became prevalent throughout Ireland after the introduction of Runes...it may have even been influenced by Latin script, but more likely the elder futhark runes.

Two schools of thought on the origin of Ogham. One says that it was created by Fenius Farsa along with the Gaelic language. According the Ogam tract, Ogma mac Elathan created Ogham and attributed the symbols to names of trees. I adhere to the latter.

Ogham was used for writing and illuminated texts, standing stones and grave markers. However, for augery it was widely prescribed to carve the ogham symbols into birch or alder twigs.

Carving the symbols on rock would tie in the connection to runes, but even runes were often carved on bone, wood or other found objects for use as divining tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.