Spreading around rep points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed you can't give the same person two rep points in a row, and trying earns you a message saying you have to "spread them around" or something like that.

Let's say you give person A a rep point. Anyone know how many rep points must go to others before you can give rep points to person A again?

What can I say? Every once in a while I'll pose a few questions and the same person will dash around solving all my problems for me.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hi Rose,

I *think* that you have to award 10 rep points to 10 different people (one each) before you can give another one to the same person. Someone will correct this if I'm wrong, and I certainly have a tendancy toward wrongness. ;)

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Anne! Did Rio give you the answer?

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Nice try Zaz.
no.gif

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Jenna recently changed the limit from 10 to seven rep points given to others, before you can grant another to the same person.

Stormie, if you click on "User CP" at the top of your screen, a window will open showing information about you. Included, to the right, will be info on your reputation points.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
aka eraser said:
Jenna recently changed the limit from 10 to seven rep points given to others, before you can grant another to the same person.

Ha! I knew I was wrong. That's the last time I listen to a bird....thanks a lot, Rio.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If you click on your own scales, as if you were giving yourself rep points, a box pops up and tells you your total and your standing for that particular post. But it doesn't give you all the other info you'd get from your CP.

skyi001

Registered
Reaction score
I have nothing to say about lint...but I do have a question about rep points. When I try to give someone a rep point I keep getting the message saying I'm not logged in. I want to share the love, but I'm being thwarted by something...or somethings...

hapsburg

Registered
Reaction score
How many points do we start with?

And, if we click the diapprove of mssg when we hit someone's scales does it take away from their points? And if so, can we be passive agressive about it or will the machine tell them we're the one who disapproved?

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone starts with 10 points. Yes, clicking the disapprove button will take away points. A person you give or subtract points from will know who did it.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sky, you may need to ask Jenna to let you sign up again. I know she had to do something to my subscription to make my rep point abilities work right, but I can't remember what. I'm a supermod, though, so that may have made a difference.

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Ski

Are you signed in? If you don't allow cookies, you can be logged out when you change pages.

If you have edible working cookies-you can set it up in your profile so you are automatically signed in every time you pull up the board.

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to "see" older rep points in their control panel?

I've gotten enough for a double bubble, but I can only see like the last fifty rep points and comments. I want to make sure I've repped everyone who's repped me but I can't see the early names.

Help?

book_maven

Reader Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information

Wow. In browsing the discussions, I decided to check this one out--and in doing so learned a lot.

I didn't know about all this, and when I checked on my points, I was pleased and flattered to see points given to me by several names I recognize. Thank you to each of those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.