PDA

View Full Version : Spreading around rep points

Rose
03-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I've noticed you can't give the same person two rep points in a row, and trying earns you a message saying you have to "spread them around" or something like that.

Let's say you give person A a rep point. Anyone know how many rep points must go to others before you can give rep points to person A again?

What can I say? Every once in a while I'll pose a few questions and the same person will dash around solving all my problems for me.

awatkins
03-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Hi Rose,

I *think* that you have to award 10 rep points to 10 different people (one each) before you can give another one to the same person. Someone will correct this if I'm wrong, and I certainly have a tendancy toward wrongness. ;)

Rose
03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks, Anne! Did Rio give you the answer?

three seven
03-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Anne's right, you have to give them to ten other people before you can go back to person A.

stormie
03-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Okay, I'm nervous about asking the following: How do I find out how many rep points I've accumulated? And, Do I want to know???!!

three seven
03-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Hit 'User CP' on the toolbar up top and it's over on the lower right hand side.

ZaZ
Click the scales of injustice that you see over there to the left.

three seven
Nice try Zaz. http://www.geocities.com/thingumybobwotsit/no.gif

aka eraser
03-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Jenna recently changed the limit from 10 to seven rep points given to others, before you can grant another to the same person.

Stormie, if you click on "User CP" at the top of your screen, a window will open showing information about you. Included, to the right, will be info on your reputation points.

three seven
03-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Haha, oh, I see what you mean. :Smack:

If you go to your User CP though, you can see where and from whom you picked up your points.

ZaZ
03-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Nice try Zaz. http://www.geocities.com/thingumybobwotsit/no.gif

Oh yeah, I'm here to beg for reputation points. :crazy:
I'd rather eat lint. :box:

awatkins
03-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Jenna recently changed the limit from 10 to seven rep points given to others, before you can grant another to the same person.

Ha! I knew I was wrong. That's the last time I listen to a bird....thanks a lot, Rio.

stormie
03-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow, that was quick! Thanks, all, for explaining how to find my ranking or reputation. I now feel like I'm back in high school.... Do they like me? Don't they? AGGGHHH! (And thanks, Midievalist...and Temlyn!)

paprikapink
03-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Haha, oh, I see what you mean.

I don't. I only know how to get there from User CP. What's this other way to which you allude?

-pkpk

three seven
03-02-2005, 12:01 AM
If you click on your own scales, as if you were giving yourself rep points, a box pops up and tells you your total and your standing for that particular post. But it doesn't give you all the other info you'd get from your CP.

maestrowork
03-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Oh yeah, I'm here to beg for reputation points. :crazy:
I'd rather eat lint. :box:

Sumthin tells me ZaZ eats a lot of lint. ;)

ZaZ
03-02-2005, 01:56 AM
Lint can be found in some very pleasant and feminine places. :thankyou:

Alphabeter
03-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Bad Zaz.

Just

ICKY.

*swat*

skyi001
03-16-2005, 09:06 AM
I have nothing to say about lint...but I do have a question about rep points. When I try to give someone a rep point I keep getting the message saying I'm not logged in. I want to share the love, but I'm being thwarted by something...or somethings...

hapsburg
03-20-2005, 12:35 PM
How many points do we start with?

And, if we click the diapprove of mssg when we hit someone's scales does it take away from their points? And if so, can we be passive agressive about it or will the machine tell them we're the one who disapproved?

reph
03-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Everyone starts with 10 points. Yes, clicking the disapprove button will take away points. A person you give or subtract points from will know who did it.

Betty W01
03-21-2005, 01:38 AM
Sky, you may need to ask Jenna to let you sign up again. I know she had to do something to my subscription to make my rep point abilities work right, but I can't remember what. I'm a supermod, though, so that may have made a difference.

Alphabeter
03-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Ski

Are you signed in? If you don't allow cookies, you can be logged out when you change pages.

If you have edible working cookies-you can set it up in your profile so you are automatically signed in every time you pull up the board.

Alphabeter
03-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know how to "see" older rep points in their control panel?

I've gotten enough for a double bubble, but I can only see like the last fifty rep points and comments. I want to make sure I've repped everyone who's repped me but I can't see the early names.

Help?

book_maven
03-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Wow. In browsing the discussions, I decided to check this one out--and in doing so learned a lot.

I didn't know about all this, and when I checked on my points, I was pleased and flattered to see points given to me by several names I recognize. Thank you to each of those people.

reph
03-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know how to "see" older rep points in their control panel? . . . I can only see like the last fifty rep points and comments. I want to make sure I've repped everyone who's repped me but I can't see the early names.
I don't know how to see the early points that fell off the bottom.

Are others giving points to everybody who gave them points, as a general rule? I haven't been doing it as a way of saying thanks. Sometimes I rep a person who repped me once (or more), but not for that reason.

Alphabeter
03-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Be sure to rep them back! :poke:

Reph, I don't necessarily rep someone because they rep'd me first.

I rep because I liked (or disliked) the post first.

Second, if someone rep'd me, I do a search for their posts. They might have posted something good in a thread I missed. In that case, I rep them back if I find a post I like.

Third, if I can't find a post I like of someone who rep'd me I send them a PM thanks.

Oops, I just revealed my secret. Now everyone is going to be checking their PM boxes!

Uh..uh..I PM everyone who reps me anyway. Yeah, thats the ticket! ;)

TemlynWriting
04-01-2005, 04:29 AM
Be sure to rep them back! :poke:

Reph, I don't necessarily rep someone because they rep'd me first.

I rep because I liked (or disliked) the post first.

Second, if someone rep'd me, I do a search for their posts. They might have posted something good in a thread I missed. In that case, I rep them back if I find a post I like.

Third, if I can't find a post I like of someone who rep'd me I send them a PM thanks.

Oops, I just revealed my secret. Now everyone is going to be checking their PM boxes!

Uh..uh..I PM everyone who reps me anyway. Yeah, thats the ticket! ;)

All of this makes you a shiny, shiny jewel, dahling. ;) LOL!

Susie
04-03-2005, 05:00 AM
Can someone tell me how many rep points one needs to get two green boxes? I think I'm close, but no cigar.

Warm regards, Susie:)

Poppy
04-03-2005, 05:02 AM
100, Susie. :)