• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Favor to ask of the Fantasy Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
In the next month or so, I'm going to have the finishing touches done on a novel I am currently titling "Spider Slayer." I'd like to get a few people together who will have time to offer an extra pair of eyes. I'll gladly swap the favor, or render some other service in exchange.

Thanks!

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
Bartholomew, why won't you post in the Beta Readers forum? Another good way to find betas is to post an excerpt in SYW and see if any people want to read on. Yet another way is to PM people whose writing you like and whose interests you think will match your novel.
HTH,
Rose

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Bartholomew, why won't you post in the Beta Readers forum? Another good way to find betas is to post an excerpt in SYW and see if any people want to read on. Yet another way is to PM people whose writing you like and whose interests you think will match your novel.
HTH,
Rose

I've been here for eternity. I was not aware we had a beta readers forum.

I've had bad experiences bothering people in PM. I figured I'd have the best chance finding someone here, simply because I'm looking for a fantasy enthusiast. I got some strange feedback, once, on a horror story I wrote ... because I'd unknowingly given it to a pack of romance writers. :)

If the lord captain Mod of Mods feels the urge, he can move the thread with no complaint from me.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
If the lord captain Mod of Mods feels the urge, he can move the thread with no complaint from me.

Good grief, I hope you don't mean Pthom. You'll just inflate his head, my friend. :ROFL:

I'll punt your thread up to the Beta and Writing Partners room, with a redirect link here. I'll also suggest you add a brief summary of your novel, just to give potential readers an idea of the story you've written. :)

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be happy to be one of your betas if you would consider me. Will you include more details about your work with consideration?

I'll go ahead and warn you that I've crit'd before, but never tried being a full blown beta reader. Just letting you know.

chroniclemaster1

Seeking Undercover Angel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.earthchronicle.com
I might be game. Post your overview, and I'll stop back by to check it out. I need to get a good chunk of my WIP cracked out, and it's fantasy/action. Might make a good swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.