Where the hell did my contact go?

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Okay...I just got contacts for the first time about a month ago. Tonight I fell asleep with them in for a couple hours. When I woke up, I went to take them out and the right one was missing. WTF? Where did it go? They can't fall out if my eyes are closed! Did someone come along and steal it while I was dozing?

It it possible that it's in there somewhere? No, seriously, because every time I blink it feels like something is scratching my eye. But I can't see it anywhere.

I'm kind of freaking out here. Not so much because my contact could be adhered to the inside of my eyelid, but because this sounds like a thread that ScarletPeaches would have started.

Just kidding, Nic...you know I luvs you! ;)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It could be behind your eye.

ETA: I was typing and it posted on its own.

I stopped wearing mine because I have bad habits. Every time I decide to try them I vow I will be good and take them out every night, but I get lazy and wear them for weeks with out taking them out and I just know that one day I'll get some infection or somthing, so I decided it is better if I just wear glasses, even though I like having the contacts.

Last edited:

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
it's cool. if it's in your eye, it will come out or find its place. otherwise, if you fish long enough you'll catch it.

when i sleep in them they often fall out (find them in the bed) or they're there and hiding. they're shy like that.

and your eyes are not always closed when sleeping.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. Probably just rolled behind your eye. They do that. Little buggers have minds of their own. It'll come back when it's good and ready. Or you can go cross-eyed trying to fish it out.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I FOUND IT! Yep, it was glued to the inside of my eyelid.

I'm feeling much better now that I got it out. Little bugger was scratching my eye every time I blinked. :)

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, what the hell? Kristie, what is that floating in my soup?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
We urgently need a girls who aren't afraid to wear glasses thread. 'Cause I'm into girls who wear glasses. Gives them that cool intellect look, especially when they glare at you with utter contempt. Sends shudders down my spine.

-Derek

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
hmm, do fetish threads go in Office Party or Tio? :D

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
We urgently need a girls who aren't afraid to wear glasses thread.

Relax Derek. I wear my glasses 95% of the time. I got contacts so when I'm working out or playing hockey I don't have to wear my glasses. Today I wore them shopping because it was pouring rain and I hate having to clean the rain off my glasses every time I go outside.

BTW...I've had guys tell me I look like a naughty librarian in my glasses...I'm assuming that's not a bad thing, so I wear them. ;)

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I can't find a smiley with its eyes crossed and its tongue hanging out. But you know what I mean.

I w-won't comment on w-working out or p-playing h-hockey, 'cause that would make me look too sad and pathetic.

-Derek

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I hate wearing my glasses too, but my eyes get sore after a couple of hours of contacts, and I CANNOT even look at a computer with my contacts in. I only wear them when I have to look fantastic or when I need a bit of extra self-confidence. Funny, that.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, once upon a time they told me that the lens cannot disappear that way.

Ha ha ha. I used contacts for distance but preferred nothing at all for reading.
Then age happened. Now, I can't focus at all with contacts and trying to read.

If you need to try something new - multifocal lenses have been developed and I am pleased with mine. This isn't one eye doing one thing and the other eye something else. (That almost got me killed!)

Don't be scared Kristie. Sometimes I found my contacts folded into a little triangle in the corner of my eye. Now how the heck did that happen? Another mystery.

Reaction score
Okay...I just got contacts for the first time about a month ago. Tonight I fell asleep with them in for a couple hours. When I woke up, I went to take them out and the right one was missing. WTF? Where did it go? They can't fall out if my eyes are closed! Did someone come along and steal it while I was dozing?

It it possible that it's in there somewhere? No, seriously, because every time I blink it feels like something is scratching my eye. But I can't see it anywhere.

I'm kind of freaking out here. Not so much because my contact could be adhered to the inside of my eyelid, but because this sounds like a thread that ScarletPeaches would have started.

Just kidding, Nic...you know I luvs you! ;)

Hey! :rant:

I'm assuming you're wearing soft contact lenses? This happened to me once. I didn't feel it in, and I couldn't see, so I knew if it was still in there, it wasn't in the right place. I always thought if a lens slid round the side of your eye you'd feel it, but not so. I looked in the bathroom mirror and pulled my eyelid towards the outer corner of the eye and massaged underneath the eye until something plastic-looking put in an appearance. The lens was all squished up round the corner of my eye. I think it's an old wive's tale that they can go all the way round the back, but I was amazed I could have a scrunched-up contact lens in the corner of my eye and not be able to feel it.

Oh, and now I have the kind you can sleep in.