Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wunnderful, wunnderful

Shiny_Penguin said:
popcorn? Yum! :popcorn:
Nature's perfect food, if you ask me. I eat it all the time! (Don't ask how many Stir-Crazy poppers are in the house...)

Maryn, harmless eccentric

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Birol said:
Now that's my type of meal, Anne.
Yeah, popcorn and Diet Coke - all the major... um... foodgroups.
undecided.gif

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
On my blog, which has been thoroughly neglected lately, is a recipe for spruced-up popcorn. You'd have to scroll down to October to find it. Sorry I don't know how to make the link go right to it.

Back in the days when I only had myself to feed, I pretty much lived on green olives and salty, buttery pop-corn. And wine. (Diet Coke? :faint: ) Perhaps if I'd thought then to reinforce my popcorn I'd be a stronger person today.

-pkpk

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
My daughter and I LOVE popcorn. We have it every day! Family members give tins of popcorn as gifts for Xmas. Some may see this as cheap but that makes us VERY happy. My favorite kind is kettle corn. My sister got me hooked on it when we were at this fair in L.A. and she bought some for us. But of course I'll eat any ol' popcorn. As a kid, my drink of choice with popcorn was Kool Aid but now I enjoy a regular Coke. :popcorn:

CindyBidar

Has nothing clever to say
Registered
Reaction score
Oooohhh, Kettle Corn! :popcorn: I've recently discovered Pop Secret microwave Kettle Corn in individual servings, 94% fat free. 110 calories! It's my new snack of choice. :)

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
Popcorn.... the perfect food and food of choice for all discerning writers...
(what ever the $#%^&$) that is suspose to mean.)
:snoopy: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
murderers!

how can any artist not be crushed by the scream of the kernal as it is sent to its untimely, burning death.

are we animals?

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh*

Oh, how I pine for popcorn. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to eat it for two years now. Not even when I go out to see a movie - see, if I eat it, I have horrible, debilitating chest pains. It was (originally) the result of popcorn being my "trigger food" for gall bladder attacks. Now that that useful organ has been removed (insert sarcasm here), I still can't eat it. I still get similar attacks when I eat it.

I can just taste it now...mmmm...in a popcorn mood now...usually just the smell turns my stomach because I know what effect it has on me, but oh, my, what I would give for just one buttery, delectable kernel...

WVWG

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I had popcorn today. I bought a box full of unpopped popcorn in minibags. They are so cute. Can't watch a movie without popcorn :popcorn:

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understnad the whole butter on popcorn thing. It just seems wrong.

Now, any other popcorn, sign me up, but make sure it is all fully popped. My teeth are expensive enough as it is.

Shiny_Penguin

665:Neighbor of the Beast
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bellaonline.com
I like the Pop Secret honey flavored one. Could just be that no one else in the house will eat it, so I get it all to myself! :popcorn:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a popcorn snob, I guess. Microwave popcorn simply will not do. It tastes different.

There's an elitism to certain kinds of snobbery (wine, French cuisine) but I think when it's popcorn, it's just a preference.

Maryn

Status
Not open for further replies.