Three wiseass men looking for Beth.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
The first came banging on my door late Friday night while I slept. I struggled out of bed and spied him through the peephole. He had a stupid grin on his face and waved to me. I opened the door, cautioned by my suspicious nature, and said "Yeah, what?"

I think he was a bit surprised to see me and muttered "Sorry, I thought you were Beth."

Do I look like a Beth?

I said, "Wrong wrong, buddy." and pushed the door closed. Then I got to thinking "Where's my gift." I mean if someone comes knocking on your door late at night, shouldn't they be bringing you something? I let the intrusion pass and went back to bed.

The next night another stranger approached my door and banged on it. I hadn't this many visitors since I can't remember. But I can remember the last guy and was quick to inquire as to his visit. This guy had the unmistakable appreciation of someone who spends a good deal of money on vapors. He was one toke from heaven or hell from all I could tell.

"Sorry man, I was looking for Beth."

"Wrong room." I said.

I began to think my predecessor was Beth and had lots of friends. Male friends mostly, I'm sure.

The remainder of my weekend passed without consequence until this Sunday afternoon. I was busily writing when a knock upon my door worked me into a frenzy. I had been caught with my paragraph exposed and quickly saved my work.

The stranger tapped much louder this time. I hurried to close the room and spied another wiseass holding some objects close to his chest. I opened the door, cautiously, and admired his gifts for Beth. He held a packet of chips, a cola, and a partially eaten sandwich.

"Beth doesn't live here anymore,"

He just gave me a stupid look and then shuffled his goodies about before backing up a step.

"Do you know where she went?"

I just quietly closed the door and went back to my writing. I'm not much on religion, but I started to think that maybe there was more to these visits than I originally thought.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:....could only happen to you Spooky.......lol

Next time...if you get so lucky, inquire for more information. Maybe you have missed your calling. Put a bow in your hair. Gloss up those lips of yours and strike a pose and then say...."Do I look like a Beth to you?"

Who knows....you might get real lucky. ;)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
:roll:....could only happen to you Spooky.......lol

Next time...if you get so lucky, inquire for more information. Maybe you have missed your calling. Put a bow in your hair. Gloss up those lips of yours and strike a pose and then say...."Do I look like a Beth to you?"

Who knows....you might get real lucky. ;)
I am not exactly a virgin any longer. :D

ebrillblaiddes

Registered
Reaction score
Tell them that when they find her they should come back and tell you where she is.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Naw, you're just a dork in a hotel room.

Next time ask for the soda and chips and tell them you'll deliver the goods to her when she gets out of the shower.

Free food!

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I know Beth. Her fullname is Beth Le'Hemme. She was the Star in the film, Shep's Herd: No Elephants allowed.
You're right, those guys should have brought gifts.