PDA

View Full Version : Three wiseass men looking for Beth.

SpookyWriter
12-03-2007, 02:25 AM
The first came banging on my door late Friday night while I slept. I struggled out of bed and spied him through the peephole. He had a stupid grin on his face and waved to me. I opened the door, cautioned by my suspicious nature, and said "Yeah, what?"

I think he was a bit surprised to see me and muttered "Sorry, I thought you were Beth."

Do I look like a Beth?

I said, "Wrong wrong, buddy." and pushed the door closed. Then I got to thinking "Where's my gift." I mean if someone comes knocking on your door late at night, shouldn't they be bringing you something? I let the intrusion pass and went back to bed.

The next night another stranger approached my door and banged on it. I hadn't this many visitors since I can't remember. But I can remember the last guy and was quick to inquire as to his visit. This guy had the unmistakable appreciation of someone who spends a good deal of money on vapors. He was one toke from heaven or hell from all I could tell.

"Sorry man, I was looking for Beth."

"Wrong room." I said.

I began to think my predecessor was Beth and had lots of friends. Male friends mostly, I'm sure.

The remainder of my weekend passed without consequence until this Sunday afternoon. I was busily writing when a knock upon my door worked me into a frenzy. I had been caught with my paragraph exposed and quickly saved my work.

The stranger tapped much louder this time. I hurried to close the room and spied another wiseass holding some objects close to his chest. I opened the door, cautiously, and admired his gifts for Beth. He held a packet of chips, a cola, and a partially eaten sandwich.

"Beth doesn't live here anymore,"

He just gave me a stupid look and then shuffled his goodies about before backing up a step.

"Do you know where she went?"

I just quietly closed the door and went back to my writing. I'm not much on religion, but I started to think that maybe there was more to these visits than I originally thought.

CACTUSWENDY
12-03-2007, 02:37 AM
:roll:....could only happen to you Spooky.......lol

Next time...if you get so lucky, inquire for more information. Maybe you have missed your calling. Put a bow in your hair. Gloss up those lips of yours and strike a pose and then say...."Do I look like a Beth to you?"

Who knows....you might get real lucky. ;)

JLCwrites
12-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Was her name Beth LaHam? Just wondering.

SpookyWriter
12-03-2007, 03:10 AM
:roll:....could only happen to you Spooky.......lol

Next time...if you get so lucky, inquire for more information. Maybe you have missed your calling. Put a bow in your hair. Gloss up those lips of yours and strike a pose and then say...."Do I look like a Beth to you?"

Who knows....you might get real lucky. ;)I am not exactly a virgin any longer. :D

ebrillblaiddes
12-03-2007, 03:51 AM
Tell them that when they find her they should come back and tell you where she is.

SpookyWriter
12-03-2007, 04:14 AM
Was her name Beth LaHam? Just wondering.I think that was the general destination.

astonwest
12-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Who is this Beth woman, and what did you do to piss her off to the point she's sending all these guys to your place?

:)

SpookyWriter
12-03-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm just a stranger in the manger.

Magdalen
12-03-2007, 07:33 AM
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rump pa pa pum

writerterri
12-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Naw, you're just a dork in a hotel room.

Next time ask for the soda and chips and tell them you'll deliver the goods to her when she gets out of the shower.

Free food!

SpookyWriter
12-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Naw, you're just a dork in a hotel room. I'll make sure to tell them you're unavailable the next time. :D

A. Hamilton
12-03-2007, 08:01 AM
I know Beth. Her fullname is Beth Le'Hemme. She was the Star in the film, Shep's Herd: No Elephants allowed.
You're right, those guys should have brought gifts.

SpookyWriter
12-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Cheap basterds. I was so looking forward to smirf.

writerterri
12-03-2007, 08:08 AM
I'll make sure to tell them you're unavailable the next time. :D

K

SpookyWriter
12-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Dork. You're never too busy to entertain.