PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

three seven
03-01-2005, 04:50 PM
So is anyone else here desperate for Sunday morning to arrive - and if you're in the UK, will you be up at 2?

(If you have to think too hard, this isn't the thread for you!)

Maryn
03-01-2005, 08:42 PM
OK, I'll represent the perplexed Americans. Huh?

three seven
03-01-2005, 08:55 PM
If you are, you won't have to ask.

three seven
03-03-2005, 06:04 AM
What, NOBODY?!

MacAllister
03-03-2005, 07:10 AM
err...this is a rugby or maybe a footballer thing, I'm guessing?

WVWriterGirl
03-03-2005, 07:27 AM
Maybe it's THAT wedding...or has that already happened?

WVWG

aspier
03-12-2005, 10:00 PM
If you have to think too hard, this isn't the thread for you!

No it isn't

aspier

ChunkyC
03-13-2005, 04:41 AM
3-7 said is anyone else here desperate for Sunday morning to arrive, which would imply that he is desperate for Sunday morning to arrive. My conclusion, therefore, is that it can't possibly be THAT wedding, especially considering the mention of UK-ers getting up at 2am for this as-yet unrevealed event.

Let's play 20 questions with 3-7. I'll start: Does it involve the Royal Family? Of course, I'm referring to David Beckham and Posh Spice. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Hermit
03-13-2005, 04:56 AM
CORONATION STREET!!!:Clap:

Yay...what do I win? I'm in Canada and I get up every Sunday morning at 7:00 am just to watch the 2 hour show. It is actually played Monday - Thursday for 1/2 hour but us total nuts wait breathlessly for the full 2 hours show each Sunday morning which is just the previous weeks shows put back-to-back.

In case I'm right, don't tell us anything as the Canadian and U.S. version is played more than 6 months behind the original broadcast in the U.K.!!!!! Don't be a spoiler!

I'm a guy and alot of my other male friends (gay and straight!) are hooked on Coronation Street.

I love Sunday mornings!!:popcorn:

jdkiggins
03-13-2005, 04:57 AM
So is anyone else here desperate for Sunday morning to arrive - and if you're in the UK, will you be up at 2?

(If you have to think too hard, this isn't the thread for you!)

Nope, not desparate for Sunday morning to arrive.
Nope, not in the UK.
Yep, I'll be up writing at 2 US EST.

:poke: me if I get :sleepy: because I really need to finish my editing.

Joanne

three seven
03-13-2005, 05:18 AM
This is all completely irrelevant now, since I was talking about last Sunday.
But sure, if you want to play 20 questions... No, neither Beckham was involved!

Wandering Sensei
03-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Nothing gets me up early on a Sunday. :sleepy:

Nivvie
03-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Please don't tell me the Coronation Street guess was correct.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a shopping trolley than let ITV think I watch their stupid, stinky And and Dec-ified channel.

I really can't think what happens on a Sunday.
No one gets married.
I don't get extra wages for working on it.

About 4% of the country goes to church leaving the other 96% to wander the isles of Ikea and Homebase.

That's it.

Tell me before it starts to bug me.

three seven
03-13-2005, 04:02 PM
No, the Coronation St guess was not correct (2 o'clock Sunday morning? Wha..?)

I really don't know why I'm playing along, this is so lame and nobody even gives a s**t. But anyway, the next Sunday I'm looking forward to is next Sunday, when I'll need to be up for 0630.

Richard
03-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Man, you must really want to see The Hoobs...

JennaGlatzer
03-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Dammit, three, tell us or I'm going to take away your rep points. :box:

three seven
03-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Ahhh, bullying and blackmail, eh?

http://www.geocities.com/thingumybobwotsit/report.gif

I'm quite amused that you're all so desperate to know what I'm getting up for, when it's entirely obvious that it's not anything you have the slightest interest in!

But for the sake of killing off this pointless thread (and NOT in response to Jenna's blackmail, details of which are in the hands of the FBI) I will tell you.

I was quite simply excited about this, (http://www.itv-f1.com/Calendar.aspx?id=1) and will this week be getting excited about this. (http://www.itv-f1.com/Calendar.aspx?id=17)

Ok? Good.

allion
03-13-2005, 06:39 PM
I was right! (Even though I didn't post a guess, so it doesn't count)

Karen

ChunkyC
03-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Ah, the Michael Schumacher racing show! Watch and see who comes in a distant second behind Michael Schumacher! http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emotepoke.gif

Just a razzin' ya, 3-7. You have to admit, the only real surprise in the last few years in F1 has been when Michael Schumacher doesn't win.

three seven
03-13-2005, 07:05 PM
That's true, but I'm an eternal optimist! He didn't even finish last week, after all.

To be honest, the race for best-of-the-rest last year was entertaining enough for me, especially since we had an Englishman to shout at. Too early to tell how it's going to shape up this season - I suspect that it'll turn out to be more of the same, but I'm living in hope as always.
Karen: Well done for at least thinking it!

Nivvie
03-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Ooh, I was going to be close with my next guess.

It was going to be the Sons and Daughters omnibus.
And well, it's Australian. And boring.
Rather like F1, so hey, I was closer than I thought!

JennaGlatzer
03-14-2005, 05:47 PM
That was kind of anticlimactic.

I was hoping for something juicier.

Three, can you make up something else for my amusement, please?

three seven
03-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Hey, it was you that made a big thing out of it! You make something up!

JennaGlatzer
03-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Clearly, Three was waiting up for 2 am for the big UK Writers Costume Party, wherein all of the attendees were to dress up as insects and bob for pineapples.

three seven
03-14-2005, 06:19 PM
No, that was the previous week.

Nivvie
03-14-2005, 06:26 PM
And no one invited me!

I like pineapples too......not fair.....