PDA

View Full Version : Auction #98 - Warm, Colorful Mittens for the Kids!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p76/jandarby/mittens.jpg

Y'all remember JanDarby, don't you? She's the artist who made our quilted wall hangings several auctions/months ago.

Now she's returning to us with an offering of five pairs of child-size mittens she made! Get out your magnifying glass and take a look at the pic above and here's her description:

There's one pair that didn't fit in the picture; it doesn't have stripes, but is the same turquoise color that's in the background of the striped turquoise one.

The directions say they're children's small or age 4, but kids vary in size so much in the early years, it's probably anywhere from age 2 to 5. The approximate measurements are:

cuff circumference: 5"
cuff length 2 1/4"
hand (wrist to finger tip) 5 1/4" long
hand circumference 6"
thumb length 1 1/2"

They're made of acrylic yarn, so they're machine washable and dryable with no shrinking.

Starting bid: $5.00 EACH pair...

Auction starts now and runs 'til 3PM, Okie CDT, December 5th.

Jan will pay for the postage to anywhere in the US. Outside, we'll have to make arrangements. She'll toss 'em into the mail the day she gets confirmation of payment to AW, and they'll go regular mail (they're only a couple ounces), so they should get anywhere in the US in a week.

High bidder gets to take his/her pick of the colors, taking as many pairs as desired, paying the bid price for each pair. For example, if the high bid were $10, and the high bidder wanted all five pairs, that would be a $50 donation to AW. If there are any pairs left after the high bidder gets what s/he wants, then second highest bidder gets his/her choice and so on 'til they're all gone. Clear as mud? Good!

Bidder up! Who'll gimme $5 to start the bidding?

kristie911
12-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Ack! I can't see the pic. What color are the dark ones? Are those black w/ stripes? Or blue?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-02-2007, 01:03 AM
I *think* blue... but we'll have to get Jan's word on it. ;)

And, Jan, you wouldn't happen to have a bigger pic, wouldja? :D

wyntermoon
12-02-2007, 02:10 AM
$5 for the pink pair!

wyntermoon
12-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Question: do they have the string that goes in the coat so they don't fall out? :D

JanDarby
12-02-2007, 03:21 AM
Sorry about the mini picture. I still haven't figured the digital picture thing yet. This is the link to the original photo at photobucket:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p76/jandarby/mittens.jpg

As to colors, the backgrounds from left to right are turquoise, hot pink, navy and purple.

If anyone wants a string to run through sleeves, just let me know how long you want it, and I'll crochet it to length.

JD

kristie911
12-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll bid $5 on the navy pair!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
I've got $5 for the pink and $5 for the navy... who'll gimme more? :)

wyntermoon
12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
S
If anyone wants a string to run through sleeves, just let me know how long you want it, and I'll crochet it to length.

JD

YAY! Thanks!

Jan, would these fit a 5yr old too?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
There are measurements on the original post... if you have access to the 5 year old, you could measure corresponding body parts and compare.

wyntermoon
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Ah, of course. Thanks, OFG. :)

JanDarby
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Jan, would these fit a 5yr old too?

I've seen 2 year olds who look like six year olds and vice versa. It's just too hard to tell. I usualy make them larger than the age of the person I'm giving them to and figure they'll grow into them. But if you're wanting them for a specific person for right now, as OFG said, measuring is probably your best bet.

JD

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-06-2007, 04:54 AM
$5 for the pink pair!

I'll bid $5 on the navy pair!

Ladies, it's time to pay the piper! Make your payments and send me a copy of the receipt along with your address and we'll get Jan to mail 'em out!

Thanks for participating!

wyntermoon
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Whoops! Sorry! I missed this post! Sending $$ now :D