Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Pomegranate.JPG

Let's face it, ladies... if you wear glasses, you're always looking for them. And if you don't wear glasses, you might have an ID or access badge that you have to hang around your neck. And even if you don't have either of these albatrosses to contend with, you like pretty sparkly things to wear! And if you're a guy, you know someone who fits into one or more of the above categories.

Dawno's got you covered!

These are gorgeous! I've already bought one and it's on its way to me even as I type.

Opening bid: $20, Winner gets to pick from any of the beauties on her site!

Dawno will send it anywhere in the world - but anywhere outside the US might not arrive by Christmas. Inside the US should be no problem.

Auction starts now and ends Thursday, December 5th, 3PM, CDT! Bidder up!

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lovely stuff, and I've already chosen my favorite. However, I have need for a slightly different product, a chain with ends designed to hold my reading glasses. (Cryptonomicon was the straw that broke the camel's back, a bazillion pages of tiny print.)

Can any of the lanyards be converted to hold glasses?

Maryn, blinking owlishly

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I call them "convertable" because I make them with a lobster claw fastener on each end. You can either put a badge clip or eyeglass holder on the necklace or just clasp one fastener into the other to wear as a necklace.
Rosamond_eyeglasses.jpg

Rosamond_necklace.jpg

Rosamond.jpg

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah-haaa! Let me take a financial inventory, because there's one that I really, really liked. Well, more than one, but we can't be too self-indulgent, can we?

Maryn, who could

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, does that mean there's a possibility of custom work, such as combining elements of a couple different ones?

Maryn, ready to make other people work

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Are most of those wrapped twice or are they two strands, one shorter, one longer?

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Ooh, does that mean there's a possibility of custom work, such as combining elements of a couple different ones?

Maryn, ready to make other people work

Hmmm - I couldn't guarantee delivery by Christmas unless I had everything available to make it, but yes.

Are most of those wrapped twice or are they two strands, one shorter, one longer?

They're one strand, I loop them on the display because they're of a length that makes them useful as badge lanyards or eyeglass chains - somewhere between 27" and 32". There is one item that's a choker length and not convertable, Athina.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll bid $20. I figure I deserve a treat--anybody following my life story knows my basement flooded and guess who gets to deal with it while Mr. Maryn is at work? (Hey, you're a good guesser!) It's starting to smell really bad, but the insurance check is sweet.

Maryn, whose life is on hold yet again

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just an FYI that I'll be making my payment by mail directly to Mac. When she receives it, she can let you know, and I'll provide my address and selection. I forget its name, but it's the pearly grey quartz, with glasses-clips-thingeys at the ends. Of the many lovely options, I kept going back for another look at this one. (Several hematites were vying for second choice, FWIW.)

Maryn, having a good day (and about freakin' time)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a bad, bad person. (News flash, huh?) In the holiday rush, and the sigh-and-relax period afterward, I failed to let Dawno know I'd even received the necklace.

Which I did, and it's really nice, and I love it.

Maryn, getting that off her chest (unlike the necklace!)

Status
Not open for further replies.