PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else excited for this?

CandlestickJay
11-30-2007, 02:42 AM
Sweeney Todd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdU3JHIs8yM&feature=related

I'm so excited. Like, unbelievably so.

Partly because I'm a theatre nerd.

Partly because Johnny Depp is just flipping amazing. He's the total package.

Sorry, but I just HAD to share my joy.

nerds
11-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Yes, I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

:)

wyntermoon
11-30-2007, 02:52 AM
Me too! :D

JoeEkaitis
11-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Cathy is. Anything with 5 or more frames of Alan Rickman and we're there.

Serenity
11-30-2007, 03:05 AM
I remember a thread like this in the movies and television forums. I was singing songs from Sweeny Todd all day as I recall. I'm sure I'll be singing songs tonight too. :tongue

Attend the tale of Sweeny Todd...

Eskimo1990
11-30-2007, 03:07 AM
I am so looking forward to it! I love Johnny Depp, and Alan Rickman. I am a nerd, I was able to tell from a little part that the guy who played Peter Pettigrew(SP) in HP is in it, as well as the one who played Sirus's cousin (Belltrix I believe) I can't wait for it to come out!

JoNightshade
11-30-2007, 03:11 AM
Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman, whatsisname director guy, I'm there. Oh, Tim Burton. Right?

I haven't seen/heard Sweeney Todd before, but I've been exposed to a few other Sondheim pieces. I usually find him a bit disturbing, no matter what subject he's dealing with, so... yeah. This is a good fit.

Is Johnny doing his own singing? I can't wait.

maxmordon
11-30-2007, 06:27 AM
Oh! I am so gonna see this movie!

AnneMarble
12-12-2007, 03:01 AM
I can't wait! I've been wanting this movie made since I bought the original cast recording. That was so long ago it came in a format called "a record." :Wha: I'm really glad that I was able to find my Lansbury & Cariou CD (only the hightlights version, damn it :cry:) and my DVD of Lansbury & Hearn. I also had fun watching fan-made trailers on YouTube.

I wonder if they will put back the scene where the judge flogs himself, which was taken out of later versions of the play? Just think how many people would pay just to see Alan Rickman flogging himself.
:whip:

Unique
12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Johnny Depp - yum, yum...

but why does 'Sweeny Todd' sound familiar to me? My cat's name is Sweeny but I don't think that's it.

:Huh:

A little high on the 'creep factor' scale. Maybe I'll read the book instead (and drool over movie stills ... er, something like that)

rhymegirl
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
No.