PDA

View Full Version : Plugged in,

SpookyWriter
11-29-2007, 10:15 AM
So I’m sitting at a bar tonight, just minding my own business, when a gentleman next to me starts to speak.

“…and we have this great program where you can get all your health benefits for a low monthly fee.”

I shook my head. “No thanks.”

He persisted. “…and that’s not all. We also offer a fantastic dental plan for a small addition to your monthly premium.”

I was slightly tired and slightly drunk. So I reached around and grabbed him by the neck. I wasn’t sure want I was about to do until I push his head into the jukebox. The next thing I know Conway Twitty starts to sing “It's Only Make Believe” and then I knew I was plugged in to the right channel.

I listened as the song brought back so many memories. There was a time when I almost believed in magic. The few minutes I spent sipping my beer and recollecting all the good times had to end, as they always did.

I pulled the plug out from the jukebox and sat back, casually, as he unwound. He tipped to the left and settled into another round of solicitation. I sipped my beer as he began to market his wares to the stranger to his right.

Yes, I am plugged in whenever he comes by to visit me. Some nights I do enjoy sports. I am fortunate, ue?

joetrain
11-29-2007, 10:20 AM
kick-ass late nighter spooky. thanks.

SpookyWriter
11-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work

JLCwrites
11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
While reading the first four lines... I thought this was a commentary on how people always seem to be "plugged in" with their Blue tooth head sets and cell phones.

Nice post!

joetrain
11-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work

now you fried me.

SpookyWriter
11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
That's what I get for drinking cheap vodka.

Shadow_Ferret
11-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Wow. I need some sleep or something.

You were in a bar and some guy, out of the blue, just started to try to sell you something?

And then you grabbed his neck and threw him into the jukebox?

And he didn't call the cops? He just went and started soliciting the other guy next to him?

SpookyWriter
11-29-2007, 10:02 PM
No, I plugged his head into the jukebox. I figured that as long as I had to listen to him I might as well get my moneys worth.

nessam
11-29-2007, 10:09 PM
That's what I get for drinking cheap vodka.

That's why I drink Grey Goose. The hang over is much less painful too.

clockwork
11-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Just so you know, Jon-

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/clockwork9/bottle_big_regular.jpg

This is not vodka.

joetrain
11-29-2007, 10:15 PM
but it goes so much farther.

SpookyWriter
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
That's why I drink Grey Goose. The hang over is much less painful too.I made the mistake of buying a gallon of Skol for $12.00. Now I've got a hangover and the shakes. Bam! I have to have a beer chaser this morning for breakfast.

clockwork
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
but it goes so much farther.

Cheaper too.

SpookyWriter
11-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe that's why my inners are cleaned today.
Just so you know, Jon-

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/clockwork9/bottle_big_regular.jpg

This is not vodka.

Shadow_Ferret
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
No, I plugged his head into the jukebox. I figured that as long as I had to listen to him I might as well get my moneys worth.

Um, OK. You sure that's cheap vodka? Usually peyote brings about those kinds of hallucinations.

SpookyWriter
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Um, OK. You sure that's cheap vodka? Usually peyote brings about those kinds of hallucinations.I'm pretty sure I left the reservation at the front desk.