Because inquiring minds would like to know...

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
What are you working on? What's your WIP? How close to completion are you, if you had to guess?

I'm working on my WIP that I started NANOWRIMO - 2006. I'm about 3/4 through my first draft. It's chick lit, or so I've been told, which kind of bothers me. But oh well. As long as it sells, right!!?!!?!?It started out as my memoir....yea that's right so those of you who've read bits and pieces, it's all true.

Don't you dare call me that!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm working on a bone with scapes of meat leftover from Thanksgiving. No plot. I can't say the character development is going smoothly since the main character is a turkey. But what the heck, I'm sure this story will sail eventually like the remains of my good friend Dewy.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Which WIP?

My list...
Short Story Children's Fantasy (Trying to finish it this weekend!)
MG Sci-Fi (That is nipping at my heels and wont be finished until next year.)
Another Short Story Children's Fantasy (shuffling through my head, probably finished by Christmas)
And a poem that I need to post in the Chapbook by Friday. (Or Meerkitty (my poetry coach) will haunt me with reps.)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
All jokes aside - if you want to reveal what your working on, I think it would be nice. I've often asked some of you what you're working on and I forget. You might see you have something in common with another AWer.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on a bone with scapes of meat leftover from Thanksgiving. No plot. I can't say the character development is going smoothly since the main character is a turkey. But what the heck, I'm sure this story will sail eventually like the remains of my good friend Dewy.

Let me be your muse Spooky.... :e2brows:

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Although I mention it in my signature, I am about halfway through revising Ghost Machine, my supernatural horror novel. It's taking forever to work on . . . .

allen

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
The only piece of writing apart from cv updating and cover letters, am working on is also my NaNo. I'm really involved in the story, when I get flowing for it and so far so good. I have just managed to write two additional sentences today. :)

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on my new idea titled "Blake Mackenzie" for now. I don't know what to call it or what genre to put it under. Might be romance, or a regular single-title novel. I bought a thick notebook this afternoon because I plan to write this one long hand.

John Paton

carn the mighty hawks !!
Registered
Reaction score
the sporting capital of the world. Oh! That's Melb
feature length screenplay.

Pyscho thriller

Father/Son relationship and interlinked relationships

hope, despair, double cross, love, suicide?

8 great acting roles

1st Draft complete end jan 08 - reviewed then start on 2nd draft.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
This thread should be in the ROUNDTABLE. (-;

Things I am currently working on:

- I have scraps of paper in my pocket from poetic stuff that hit me today when I wasn't near a computer: "clutter of the mind", "sour mother's milk", "laced longings", etc.

- My Nano project is called: DUBIOUS PICKLES AND THE SPACE BETWEEN THE WALLS. It's a children's book about a bad man who is also magical and mysterious and childlike.

- A short story about a falling man.

- An article on dementia.

- An article on Martini parties.

- Some editing projects...including my own novel and the novel of another.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on a memoir for my children which I had not-so-originally entitled "A Letter to My Children"--but that may change. I'm not sweating the title right now, as I think it'll come to me as I write. It will explain to them (I hope) the spiritual and emotional journey I took about 8 years ago. I started it about a month ago and have 10 chapters written (52 pages).

illiterwrite

Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished the second draft of my second novel, The Hobbyist. It's about a man who sets fire to his house in the seventies and disappears, starting over with a new identity on the other side of the country. Almost thirty years later, he returns to face the family he abandoned.

I've just started my third book, which is about a 15-year-old tuba prodigy who falls for the man who rents her mother's basement apartment. :)

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I've mentioned mine in a bazillion unrelated posts and I'm tired of it. Tired of mentioning it, and doing it, and tired of wondering if it'll ever see the light of an agent's desklamp, so, my current WIP is having a nice time at Christmastime. That's it.

But thx fur askin' anyways. :D Really. (non-fic history, that's my wip. *sigh*) Blah. On to the holidaze. :)

Last edited:

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Fantasy - #2 NaNo novel.

34,0004 words in, but have no idea what the total will be. (50 sentences for outline, which was never finished) Outline has deviated some, but I like where the characters are taking me.

#1 NaNo novel ended up a mess, but I'm pretty sure it can be picked apart, sometime much later. (as in a complete overhaul)

#3 NaNo novel didn't get very far this year, and need to do some deep thinking on where I want that one to go.

Oh, and before NaNo started this year, I was trying to finish one from last year, so need to get that done. Sometime. :)

And there's getting around to finish editing that fantasy short my mind keeps wandering back to.

Then there's... Never mind. :D

CandlestickJay

Registered
Reaction score
Fantasy. I originally thought it was going to be YA fantasy, but now I'm wondering. So I'll save specification for my completely invisible agent and editor. But yeah, I've got about 22,000 words, and six and a half chapters. Heh heh.

My plot is going wonderfully, I've got it mostly mapped out - which is really nice. But I'm struggling. The only thing that stops my writer's block is actually writing, but the next night I end up deleting or re-writing everything I wrote the night before because it is terrible. Oh well.

Thanks for asking lol!

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
I am currently working on a book I've saved as Things happen...doesn't have a title yet and is about 8 characters, and it switches POV to each character. It is 14 pages long, 3 chapters and 5,348 words. I have no idea exactly where it's going, or what genre it's in.
I hope to finish it by the end of this school year (June) and I have no idea how long it will be.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This thread should be in the ROUNDTABLE. (-;
I tried to move it there, and a notice came up that read, "This forum is filled to capacity with Work in Progress discussions. Please take this thread back to where it originated."

So here we are. :)

My current WIP is an old one that came back to life when the editor of one magazine ran into the editor of another magazine and recommended the story; and now I have to cut twelve hundred words from the original piece to satisfy the editor of the other magazine; but the pay is pretty good, about one dollar per word I cut, not to mention what they'll shell out for the article. :Thumbs:

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Because i have so many questions and very few answers pertaining to my completed work, I'm flying to Washington D.C. to spend a couple of hours with a literary attorney to find out what the hell I'm doing.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've mentioned this in another thread, but I'm working on what I guess would be called a supernatural thriller.

Dr. Frankenstein makes Dracula in the 21st century kinda thingy. We'll see how it goes, but I'm having a blast with my prep-work. Ask me again when I hit about 30-40k...

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I'm about half way through a paranormal romance. I've thought of a couple of titles but haven't set on any one at the moment. Now if I could get some energy to work on the darn thing. I wanted to have it ready for editing by the end of the year. At the rate I'm going, I don't think that's going to happen.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I am querying my baby, TLFE, and praying for an agent and still considering changes and additions.
I also just started another wip - literary - the cross I must bear. I am a whole 3 pages in and excited as hell.
and
I started a poem today that I will finish tomorrow.

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
Story of Helen of Troy's take on her life, integrating a lot of the stories about her --lots of prep work involved. 57.5k and still doing some hacking to get it where I want it, have lots of bits I love and then the stitching of those bits is hard. It's my first book so...

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
WIP #1, high fantasy, is in the final stages of revisions (damn if everyone who ever said you spend more time editing a work than writing it wasn't 100% farking right - argh!), currently with a few fabulous betas, and I'm hoping to send it back to the agent toward the end of next month if I can pull that off, early January if not.

WIP #2, sequel to 1, is about 76K in and I've got at least another 50K to go before I start cutting it to ribbons & stitching it back together prettier.

WIP #3 is just an outline I'm trying to flesh out a bit, and a lot of scribbled notes.