Not open for further replies.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
OK, admittedly, I can;t think of one specific book. But I can remember a few ...

Wait. Just remembered it.

Arrow. I don't even remember the publisher. It was a Green Arrow, Hawkman and Kenny G mashup of some kind. His tagline was, "And I've got an arrow for you, too!"

What's yours?

FinbarReilly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twosparrows.5gigs.com
Thought that I had better put in a mention for Bratpack, which I couldn't figure out if he was being satirical or serious.

The basic idea is that he focuses on a number of sidekicks who are killed off, and then another bunch are recruited. The Bucky analogue is given steroids and combat training, as well as racist/homophobic brainwashing. The Donna Troy analog is trained to treat men as second-class citizens and to use all aspects of her body as a weapon. The Robin analog is trained, and must allow the Batman-type to make sweet love to him in order to gain a serum that will allow him to regenerate, which he then gives to the other sidekicks. Oh, and there is a fourth whose mentor has a sidekick just for kicks and doesn't really do anything to help him, figuring that he will be killed soon.

I've read a lot of comics whose producers shouldn't have bothered, but I figured that this one should be read as how not to do superhero satire...

FR

bluejester12

I write and I wrong
Registered
Reaction score
Probably Kitchen Irish, a Punisher story arc. It had more violence than it needed, the Punisher was a mere supporting character unnecessary to the story, and Ennis basically used it to spew about IRA politics.

ddgryphon

King of Sloth Town
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Two awful things I actually read far back even before the days when boys rode Dinosaurs were "Brother Power, the Geek" and "Prez" both awful attempts at relevancy on the part of DC Comics. Over at Marvel I think the worst thing they ever churned out were some issues of "The Defenders" by Keith Giffen before he went on to glory in The Legion of Super-Heroes. More recently they've been generally better, but there are still some awful titles printing on a regular basis. Admit it, there's an ongoing series you can't believe is still chugging along.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's pretty much a tie between Frank Miller's "Dark Knight 2," a butt-ugly, confusing, badly-written, barfed up piece of crud that is so bad it could sober up an alcoholic and the overhyped garbage that was DC's "Infinite Crisis." Never have so many paid so much to receive so little of worth.

And Chris Claremont is the worst writer in comic books (though Judd Winnick is making a strong bid for the title).

:wag:

ddgryphon

King of Sloth Town
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It's pretty much a tie between Frank Miller's "Dark Knight 2," a butt-ugly, confusing, badly-written, barfed up piece of crud that is so bad it could sober up an alcoholic and the overhyped garbage that was DC's "Infinite Crisis." Never have so many paid so much to receive so little of worth.

And Chris Claremont is the worst writer in comic books (though Judd Winnick is making a strong bid for the title).

:wag:

No, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.