I'm going to be an auntie!!!!!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it.

My brother and his wife are going to have a baby! We thought this day would never come. There hasn't been a baby in the family since my youngest, who is 18. My sister has one daughter and I have two boys, but Louis has never had any children.

Louis is 41 years old and we figured that he'd just given up on the idea of being a daddy. Since he married his wonderful wife three years ago, we've been hopeful again. She's 28 and has brought a new spring into his step in pretty much every way.

So the day before Thanksgiving she gave away the secret.

A new baby in July! Hooray!!!!!

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. Being an aunt is so much fun. My youngest nephew is just the sweetest thing. There is nothing like a new baby in the family.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yay! Congrats! And lucky baby to have all this hooplah over nothing more than being conceived. Can you imagine how spoiled it's going to be?

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An angel is a loving aunt (or uncle). Surround the tot with your wings, Carole.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Congrats! And lucky baby to have all this hooplah over nothing more than being conceived. Can you imagine how spoiled it's going to be?

Talk about hoopla, my dad welled up with tears when he heard the news. He told everyone that he's been praying for this every night for three years. This baby is an answer to his prayers. My dad rocks.

Spoiled beyond all reason, I imagine. That's what this baby will be.

Now, we have to think of Irish baby names. We're of Irish descent and so is Elaina's family. And there has to be a "Joel" in there somewhere if it's a boy. It's a tradition in our family.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
How adorable is this baby going to be, I ask you!! This is mommy and daddy. (A long time ago, obviously!!)

elainababy.jpg

louiebaby.jpg

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats. I know the feeling well. . . my sister is going to have the first of the "next generation" in our family. She is due in April. I am going to be an uncle. Pretty odd, huh?

I have plans. . . we learned that it is going to be a boy last week. This kid is going to pitch for the Sox. . . mark my words. He may not have the genetics for it (he is more likely to be eating pate at lunch when he is 10) but, damnit, somebody needs to make be this kid a pitcher.