astrology & palmistry

phalgal

I've been researching palmistry & have found numerous references to zodiac signs, sun signs, moon signs, etc. What I can't figure out is whether a person's hand type (air, water, earth, fire) corresponds to his zodiac (taurus is earth, for instance), and whether the zodiac sign influences any of the lines or mounts on the hand.

Thank you.

Kathie Freeman

That Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
catbook.biz
Palmistry is totally unrelated to astrology. It is strictly based on lines and other features of the hand. The air, earth, fire, and water designations refer to length of the fingers relative to the length of the palm. For instance, I have short fingers and a long palm, which makes me fire. Short fingers, short palm is earth, long finger long palm is air, long fingers short palm is water. There are a lot of books on this subject, and you should be able to find one for beginners that isn't too complicated.

I used to work with a woman who went thru phases, and she would buy a book, couldn't understand it, bring it to me. As a result, I learned the basics of many of the "forecasting arts" - plamistry, chinese chance, tarot, etc. Astrology was a litttle too complicated, even for me.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
You might want to post this over in the Pagan section as well. There are quite a few people over there who are knowledgable about divination. Unfortunately, Tarot is more my thing, and I've never even bothered to learn about palmistry, so I'm no help here at all :)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
I've been researching palmistry & have found numerous references to zodiac signs, sun signs, moon signs, etc. What I can't figure out is whether a person's hand type (air, water, earth, fire) corresponds to his zodiac (taurus is earth, for instance), and whether the zodiac sign influences any of the lines or mounts on the hand.

Thank you.

astrology as in THE TWELVE SIGNS is very general. it is not related to chieromancy -- or palmistry.

what you may have encountered are terms like 'mount of venus', 'mount of jupiter' etc., -- no relation to astrology there, only to the significance of each area of the hand. a Taurus sign could have a water, air or earth hand, and so can a Leo.

here is a link to explain the basics: http://www.paralumun.com/palmistry.htm

there is more you can easily find on the net. enjoy.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
it depends on the book you read. there is more than one way to read palms. if you are getting all your info from one source then you are not getting the full picture. i suggest you take a field trip to new age shop.
get your palm read. pick up at least 2 different books on the subject. i can't give you tech details on palm reading but i have had mine read twice and there was no mention of zodiac signs. however a lot of divination type arts make a reference to astrology. in divination(fortune telling) there are many different approaches to a common subject.

Thank you.