PDA

View Full Version : Beta readers appreciation thread

Gray Rose
11-28-2007, 04:39 AM
Let's use this thread to say thanks to our wonderful beta readers.

I'll start. :)

Thank you Voyager for being the best beta reader an aspiring writer could wish for, and for becoming my friend, and for being the one-woman wonder that you are. You rock!

And thanks also Kiwiauthor and Wraith, Dragonmedley, Azraelsbane, Glassquill and Redzilla for taking your time to read and comment on the various bits of my stuffy-stuff. You guys are the best.

WendyNYC
11-28-2007, 04:47 AM
A big fat THANKS to Jannawrites and Meerkat for reading my short stories. They always give such insightful comments.

Serena Casey
11-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Gimme a *G* gimme an *A* gimme an *R* gimme a *Y*
What does it spell?
GARY, the Greatest Author/Reader Yet!

Sorry to embarrass you publicly, Gary, but I have to give you a cheer in return for all the helpful feedback you've given me on my work!

Gary
11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Okay, I'm embarrassed now, but I'll be popping my buttons when I see your books on the shelves of Barnes and Noble. I can tell everyone that I knew her when she was just a kid with loads of talent and too little self-confidence. I'll show them my personally autographed copy of your latest book, and brag that I helped her just a smidgen.

See, I'm in it for the glory!

Calla Lily
11-29-2007, 02:50 AM
:Hug2: III

:Hug2: Soccer Mom

You're the best!

Pat~
11-29-2007, 03:40 AM
I have a couple of totally talented, dedicated, and encouraging beta readers from this forum who have given me the confidence to keep writing my latest WIP. I don't want to embarrass them by naming them here, but they know who they are. And if I ever publish, I'll embarrass them later by naming them in the acknowledgements page. :D Thank you, dear betas!

Voyager
11-29-2007, 06:12 AM
A million thanks to Jess because I owe her everything. Getting me started, keeping me going and helping me smack it into shape.

Rose, the pleasure has been all mine, and thank you so much for reading and rereading. I'm so glad you're my friend.

Alex, you're a doll. Even when you spank me :D

dragonmedley
11-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Anytime, Rose!

I want to thank you too for your comments. Maybe when I know more where I want to take my story, you can read the rest :D

I've already done so in another thread, but I'll do it again in the official one! Thank you, Alanna, for reading through the whole thing, and for being so caught up in it that you just couldn't write any comments down.

I'm really glad I stumbled upon this site; this is the best place for encouragement and kicks-in-the-butt!

jamiehall
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I am very appreciative of my beta volunteers: nerdsRus, Aslera, Gray Rose, SouthernFriedJulie and alanna. I was really scared to start this process (see how scared (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83691)) and then I was really relieved when it turned out to be so easy. My betas have been nice and easy to work with, but I've also seen some awesome credentials and/or critiques for other people.

Thank you nerdsRus, Aslera, Gray Rose, SouthernFriedJulie and alanna!
:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

newshirt
12-09-2007, 02:08 AM
My manuscript gets sooooo much better every time a beta reader gives me input. I try to fix every issue they bring up, assuming they are seeing someting I have not. I won't name them, but seeing my name will remind them all of the torture they endured. :) I will try to pay it forward any way I can.

--ray

amber_grosjean
12-16-2007, 11:11 PM
I would like to say thank you to all the beta readers including the ones that are reading mine. Thank you!!!! :hooray::hooray::snoopy:

Amber

honeycomb
12-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Thank you for being a wonderful critter. I actually made every change you suggested!!!!

Red-Green
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
You're welcome, Rose. And much appreciation back to my betas.

OverTheHills&FarAway
12-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Here's lookin' at you, Nancy.

:hat:

(forgive me it's really late and I've been writing you know what that means)

HopelessDreamer
12-18-2007, 10:03 PM
You're welcome, honeycomb, and thank you for being such a great beta reader too! My MS has gotten so much better because of you!

Danger Jane
12-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Thank you Jordan for being such a GENIUS!!!

Provrb1810meggy
12-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Thank you Maddy, a.k.a maddythemad, for being there for reading all of my manuscripts (well, once I finally get around to REVISING THEM), allowing me to rant about my writing to her, and reading excerpts via IM whenever I'm excited about a section. You rock!

Fenika
12-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to my betas and those helpful people over on SYW :)
Thanks!

Perks
12-23-2007, 09:32 PM
My betas are worth their weight in platinum, both the enthusiastic and the reluctant. They are my cruel taskmasters and, currently, my only paycheck, because - yes - I am paid only in conversation.

Because of them, I am rich.