jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Hi all,
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or not. I mentioned it in the Romance thread.

I just found out this morning that my co-author and I made finalists in the Romance Grand Beginnings Contest sponsored by the Northwest Indiana RWA Chapter 89.

We were only allowed to send the first five pages of the manuscript and finalists will be judged by editor Kelly Harms, Avon publishing.

This is my first attempt at a romance, first attempt with a writing partner, and first attempt at a contest.

We're pretty excited. :)

Joanne

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
I said it in the romance thread and I'll say it here, CONGRATS!!!!

Of course this is an accomplishment. Nay, it's a huge achievement. No matter what happens in this contest, you've been validated, lauded, honored...you know what I mean.

It's only a matter of time before we see you on Oprah. Which I have never seen, so please let me know when your segment airs!

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Quite an accomplishment, I'd say! Good going! One of these days, you'll have to tell us the story of you and your writing partner...

Congratulations!

Melina

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Thumbs: That is so cool.....Congrates.........:banana:

I can not even imagine what it's like to work with a writing partner.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Thanks, Wendy,

Writing with a partner is not always easy, especially since one partner has written and published for more than thirty years and the other considers herself a newbie with no bylines.

We laugh about writing the story of how our partnership began. To make a long story short; we met online in a romance writing class, our writing was of similar style so we im'd each other now and then. She lives in NC. I live in PA. She wrote a short paragraph, im'd it to me, and asked me what I thought, I sent it back with the next paragraph and a hook. We liked it so well, we kept writing and plotted out the entire book. We had this book written and part of the sequel before we ever met in person.

Partnership can be fun and exhausting. It is a great opportunity to toss ideas back and forth in our other writing endeavors as well.

I'm looking forward to completing the final edit and finishing the sequel. I enjoy writing romance, and have a few other plots of my own in this genre. I must admit, though, I'm much more in tune to mystery, suspense and horror. LOL

Joanne

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
jdkiggins said:
I enjoy writing romance, and have a few other plots of my own in this genre. I must admit, though, I'm much more in tune to mystery, suspense and horror. LOL

Joanne

It's funny--many times I'll start writing a romance, and it ends up being a horror story.
Anyway, congrats, Joanne! Keep on writing! :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.