Self Help or Biography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadEyesFollowMe

Hi all, I am new as stated in my intro.
I was wondering if it is ok to mix both a bio and a self help book into one?
Thanks you,

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
who is it a biography of and how would the biography help the readers? Elaborate more on your premise for the book, please.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Clarification please?

If it is a self-help non-fiction book written in an autobiographical format it shouldn't be too much of a problem, except for one thing. An autobiographical account can often get quite emphatic or "slushy" if the subject matter deals with a tragedy or unfortunate incident. You'll have to elaborate a little more, Eyes--this is one of those "relative" decisions. What is the subject matter?

Triceratops

SadEyesFollowMe

Self/Bio

Thanks
The book is about my life. From conception (rape) to abuse, family system, stages of my life, alcoholism, rape, and to the loss of my angels.
I have waited for years to write this book because I felt as if I was not ready back then. I needed to be healthy mentally to do such a thing and now I am. I have strong counseling skills (college & being the Founder of Heavenly Angels) and within my experiences I have wrote what I have learned.
Thanks

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sad Eyes,
This sounds much more like memoir than self-help

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Hello Sad Eyes,

If you haven't read any of David Pelzer's books yet, you may want to take a look at them. A Child Called It, The Lost Boy, A Man Named Dave, Help Yourself, and The Privilege of Youth, are all autobiographical and self-help books. These books might give you some ideas on how you may want to set up your own story.

Good luck,

Joanne

Status
Not open for further replies.