PDA

View Full Version : what food can you never eat?

Mela
11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm just sitting here eating my lightly salted rice cake (it almost tastes like popcorn guys - really) and I was thinking about foods that I can never eat again. Well I could but I'd pay terribly. I'm hypoglycemic - annoying blood sugar problems. And I'm discounting the sugar free stuff - I'm not a big fan of sugar free chemicals.

So I can never eat:

a jelly-filled donut
a cinnamon bun
apple strudel
a chocolate cake
candy of any kind
chocolate candy bar

and for some reason: tuna fish

But I CAN have ice cream!!! (in moderate amounts, of course)

CaroGirl
11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
I have oral allergy syndrome related to birch pollinosis (tree allergy), so I can't eat most fresh fruit, for example: apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, bananas; and some fresh vegetables like carrots and celery. I also can't eat most tree nuts (almonds and walnuts are the worst).

Sucks to be me.

Here's some info in case people think I'm off my rocker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome

maxmordon
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Onions... I just can't stand them

threedogpeople
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Two foods and one spice...

Liver - smells great when it`s cooked with onions but it won`t go down.

Allspice - tastes like dirt smells, also reminds me of whatever was left at the bottom of the barrel (scrapings - yuck).

Also, I can`t stand VegAll, the potatoes are disgusting (powdery).

I can`t eat sourdough bread (gives me terrible heartburn and the next day I feel like I`m getting the flu) because I`m sensitive to molds.

Siddow
11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Watermelon. It gives me stomach pains. But I can handle other melons. It's weird, because I can't even chew watermelon-flavored gum without getting a tummy ache.

joyce
11-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm deadly allergic to shellfish. I wish I could eat crabs just one more time in my life.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Mangoes... they're related somehow to poison ivy/oak/sumak, and they make my lips and tongue swell up and itch. :P

Priene
11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Potato. I get sick even from eating biscuits with potato starch in them. Yes, manufacturers do that.

Perhaps we should all meet up and have a Christmas glass of water together?

Shadow_Ferret
11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Jello.

My father and his brother, both assholes, decided when I was a young child that it would be fun to give me some (can't remember the name, some German dish that is basically gelatinized meat, Sultze?) and tell me it was Jello.

I have to this day, some 45 years later, yet to ever eat jello.

It was hell when I had a stay in the hospital and that's all they wanted to give me.

Other than that, I am starch intolerant and lactose intolerant but I love both items and refuse to give them up. Stomach distress and I are very close companions these days.

JLCwrites
11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Beef
Pork
Lima (butter) beans
Bugs and grubs
and weird animal parts like brains, hoofs, and guts. Bleh!

My father will eat a tongue sandwich... I wonder if it tastes him back. :Huh:

nessam
11-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Onions and peppers- I get hives

Aspartame- I get serious blinding migraines
So no diet soda or nutrisweet light yogurts etc etc

It is amazing though I can pick out a food with aspartame in it a mile away.

ETA: Anything green and squishy including green jello eewww

Voyager
11-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Avocado. A Mexican who can't eat guacamole...nothing sadder.

joyce
11-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Potato. I get sick even from eating biscuits with potato starch in them. Yes, manufacturers do that.

Perhaps we should all meet up and have a Christmas glass of water together?

Sounds like a plan to me.

jennifer75
11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Also, I can`t stand VegAll, the potatoes are disgusting (powdery).

Ohh I'm with you on this one. Horrifying. Other than that, I'll pretty much put anything in my mouth, once. ;) Oysters kinda creep me out. Something about not chewing something seems wrong. So I chew them. :)

shakeysix
11-27-2007, 10:27 PM
wish i could just have one more mad salt flinging spree. had to empty the shakers and put them out to pasture this fall--s6

sunna
11-27-2007, 10:32 PM
After 19 years as a vegetarian, I can't eat red meat. Well, fish & poultry will make me puke too, but that's just psychological, I guess. Red meat I apparently don't have the enzymes to digest anymore.

I'll second the jello. It's just something about the texture. I can't even watch other people eating it. Bleagh.

I learned last summer that tarragon makes me violently ill. I dunno why. But even a small amount in a potato salad will make me wish I was dead.

Quiche. A texture thing again. Icky.

Dark chocolate - the only one I'm sad about. I can't have more than a tiny square or I get a spectacular migraine.

WendyNYC
11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Shellfish makes me break out in pimples. (Sadly, because I love it.)

I HATE celery. Yick.

thethinker42
11-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Walnuts and pecans. Bad things happen.

Potatoes :-( I *can* eat them, but I get wickedly congested. What kind of self-respecting Irishwoman can't eat POTATOES? (Ah well, I've already disgraced my ancestors by having almost no tolerance for alcohol and gagging when I tried to drink Guiness...)

thethinker42
11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm deadly allergic to shellfish. I wish I could eat crabs just one more time in my life.

Well, technically, you probably could just ONE more time in your life...

Jaycinth
11-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Onion. Red/raw is the worst.

Makes me break out.

Problem is I love to cook.

And some foods must have onion in them.

So I use either dried flakes and cook them to death...or I'll use fresh and remove them before the cooking is complete.

But just this past week, I ate something I KNEW had onions in it, because it tasted good. Then, I ate two things that I assumed had no onions..but did. Lots.

The rash is gone but I'm going to have 'scars' on my neck and arms for months.

I never learn.

joyce
11-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Well, technically, you probably could just ONE more time in your life...

You've got a point there.

san_remo_ave
11-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Eggs and fish. Just can't choke 'em down.

Eggs in cakes, no prob. If I have to taste it, forgettabout it.

Mela
11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Here's what I won't eat, as opposed to what my system won't let me eat:

1. brussel sprouts. I'm from a generation where I was forced to stay at the dinner table until everything was eaten, including the BRUSSEL SPROUTS. I had cobwebs on me by the time my mother let me get up and the brussel sprouts, at that point, were ice cold.
2. same thing with asparagus - ew, ew ew, ew. It makes me gag.
3. lima beans - big fat EW.
4. certain types of spinach. I eat baby spinach in salads all the time but there's another type of goopy spinach that I can't touch.
5. really, any kind of gross looking goopy vegetable

nerds
11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Nothing that has soy involved in it in any way. Which is kind of a joke since soy stuff is the option for peoples who are sensitive to other stuff. Makes me ferriggin' ill.

Other than that, I eat everything. Except tripe and haggis.

melaniehoo
11-28-2007, 12:21 AM
EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW tripe. Yuck. I had to smell that being cooked once a week for three months while we lived with my husband's family. It was the only pan I refused to wash.

I tried a beet this week & still don't like them. Or brussel sprouts. Love asparagus.

Big NO to octopus but I like calamari as long as it's not the little squiggly ones. And I have the same problem with oysters someone else mentioned - have you every chewed an oyster? It's not pretty.

rubarbb
11-28-2007, 12:34 AM
I must be lucky, I eat what I want...no problems...and I love junk food, veggies and fresh fruit...

Aslera
11-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Bananas for the texture.

I have dairy protein allergies...so limited to no dairy
Nothing high in sugar
Nothing high in fat
Nothing with food coloring

My diet is ridiculous.

eldragon
11-28-2007, 01:01 AM
There's really nothing I can't eat, but a few things I won't eat.

1. Wild game of any kind.

2. Pork.

3. Okra.

4. TV dinners.

kristie911
11-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Peanut butter. I can't eat it out of the jar or on a sandwich. I love the taste but the texture makes me gag.

sunna
11-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Okra. Yeugh. Forgot that one.

Grits. Slimy, bland....no no no.

Not a big fan of deep fried anything, either, even if it's got jalapenos and cream cheese.

I didn't blend well in the south, needless to say. :D

Foinah
11-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Clams = death. Yup. Death. Mussels, oysters, scallops might be a trip to the ER but are in the grey area of the allergy. Medalert bracelet and epipen always on hand. Even the fumes/vapors/steams can make me seriously ill. That's a bit off sides living in the Pacific Northwest -- every restaurant has steamed clams!!!!

Fresh pineapple. I don't know why but I get a prickly rash in the back of my throat. Canned...I have no problem.

Wow...I've just divulged how to kill me. My days as a spy are so far behind me I must be slipping ;)

jennifer75
11-28-2007, 01:27 AM
Big NO to octopus but I like calamari as long as it's not the little squiggly ones. And I have the same problem with oysters someone else mentioned - have you every chewed an oyster? It's not pretty.

It was meeeeeeeeee!!!!! I chew my oysters!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

You know I watched a special on Nat'l Geographic on Octopus, and they're sooooooo cute! Now I don't think I could eat my campechana. Oh sure I can. And I will. Yummmmmy. Those cute little suckers taste fabulous!

John Paton
11-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I'll eat anything as long as it is cooked imaginatively with flair and pizazz. If it isn't then I wont.

I won't eat any food from a service station or a food outlet that isn't clean. Dirty walls or floor and I am outta there.

Oh and peas. I won't eat peas in any shape or form. Oh and poached eggs have to be at least 185F before I touch them. These are hard poached eggs where the yolk isn't runny.

I have a probe and I always probe the temperature of my food before I eat it. I am sure this is quite normal.

Hapax Legomenon
11-28-2007, 01:37 AM
I can't eat pudding, applesauce, mousse, pie, and jello for fear of vomiting. It makes me gag.

Also, apple juice gives me bad stomach problems...

JLCwrites
11-28-2007, 02:52 AM
cat food

plaidearthworm
11-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Coffee. When I was a teenager, I volunteered at an arts and crafts co-op store. The other girl, a few years older, wanted me to drink coffee with her, and made my very first cup with several spoonfuls of instant coffee. It tasted so horrible, I have never drank coffee since, and the memory still gives me shudders.

arodriguez
11-28-2007, 03:06 AM
i cant eat crabs, grass, tomatoes, mayonnaise, lobster, shrubs, lettuce, trees, dustmites, or tuna.

sucks to be me.

Cassiopeia
11-28-2007, 03:09 AM
Wheat, shellfish...

Oh and Carbs..yeah carbs....well not all carbs just those involving grains really.

kalel32
11-28-2007, 03:11 AM
watermelon

cantaloupe

Both make the roof of my mouth itch.

joetrain
11-28-2007, 03:25 AM
My father and his brother, both assholes, decided when I was a young child that it would be fun to give me some (can't remember the name, some German dish that is basically gelatinized meat, Sultze?) and tell me it was Jello.

a couple kids in second grade told me my tater tots were pig nuts. haven't touched them since.

Red meat I apparently don't have the enzymes to digest anymore.

yup. me too.

other than these, candied apples, fresh on my mind from thanksgiving at grandmom's. she spends hours in the kitchen manipulating perfectly good apples until they're some nuclear shade of red. i'm scared getting too close to them might cause impotence ... or superpowers, but i'm not taking the chance. (she's a master otherwise)

Hillary
11-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Mushrooms - I can't stand the idea of ingesting fungus. C'mon, they make prescription medication to kill that stuff...
Oranges/OJ - Harbor fungus, see above.
Pork - Freaks me out.
Arugula - Small amounts are okay, but if I can really taste it, blergh.
Raw Tomatoes - They remind me of tadpole eggs fished out of a swamp. Yuck.
Special K w/Red Berries - I just think I'm eating crusty bloody scabs. *shudders*

Actually, this list is stupidly long, I'll stop here.

Silver King
11-28-2007, 04:25 AM
Peas. They're like the thin-skinned farts of the vegetable world.

CatSlave
11-28-2007, 04:32 AM
I won't even consider eating rabbit.
It would seem too much like eating a cat.

joetrain
11-28-2007, 04:51 AM
i'm also reminded of when some generous lady gave me a jar of homemade squirrel dumplings. i'm sure they were delicious.

Zelenka
11-28-2007, 04:53 AM
I won't even consider eating rabbit.
It would seem too much like eating a cat.

I don't like the thought of eating rabbit either, despite my parents going on about how much they liked the rabbit pie they got as kids.

I can't touch eggs though. I don't mind cakes or things made with egg, but the texture, smell, taste...everything about eggs grosses me out.

joetrain
11-28-2007, 05:26 AM
i loves some eggs, till you crack one and a chicky fetus falls in your pan.

Silver King
11-28-2007, 05:40 AM
i loves some eggs, till you crack one and a chicky fetus falls in your pan.
I haven't had that happen in a while, which makes the bloody spots I've seen lately pale by comparison.

"What's for breakfast, Dad?"

"I'm frying up some undeveloped chickens. How many you want?"

"Two please, over easy and runny."

"Coming right up!"

*pan sizzles hot and waiting*

Zelenka
11-28-2007, 05:54 AM
:eek:

Haven't had a chicken-in-egg incident since I was tiny - my granddad kept chickens and it happened more often with their eggs.

Thinking about it, maybe that's why I can't eat them any more.

joetrain
11-28-2007, 07:26 AM
yeah, something about those local and especially home grown eggs. small farmers have a sick sense of humor.

nerds
11-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Peas. They're like the thin-skinned farts of the vegetable world.

sheesh. give peas a chance. that's all we are sayin'.

ZannaPerry
11-28-2007, 08:00 AM
That hurts my stomach, guys. And I just ate...

WELL, I can tell you what I won't eat anymore and that's Taco Bell. Not after the "story" I heard about this woman ordering a soft taco and there was a dead cockroach in it. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I use to love to Taco Bell too.

Cassiopeia
11-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Peas are not veggies. :D They're legumes. ;)

Silver King
11-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Ha! That's true. It still doesn't make them taste any better.

Strangely, I love pea soup, and the flavor is nothing like when the legume is served as a side dish. :)

Cassiopeia
11-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Ha! That's true. It still doesn't make them taste any better.

Strangely, I love pea soup, and the flavor is nothing like when the legume is served as a side dish. :)the chef at the hotel here makes a BRILLIANT split pea and ham soup. I never thought I'd like it. It's yummy but then I like peas.:D

Bird of Prey
11-28-2007, 07:48 PM
the chef at the hotel here makes a BRILLIANT split pea and ham soup. I never thought I'd like it. It's yummy but then I like peas.:D

So did Linda Blair.

Made for a blockbuster.

Cassiopeia
11-28-2007, 08:03 PM
So did Linda Blair.

Made for a blockbuster.oh ew! you just HAD to go there..didn't you? :D

DamaNegra
11-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Medically, I cannot eat/drink chocolate, coffee, anything with fat, candy and spices. I fail miserably :D Oh, and peanuts, because I'm allergic, but those I really don't eat.

Of course, I also don't eat mayonnaise becuase it taste horrible. Avocados... never!! Also, anything that came from the sea except for sushi and carpaccio.

Cassiopeia
11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
No Guacamole dip? HOW SAD! :D

Voyager
11-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I will no longer be eating peas, eggs, tripe, beef, arugula, anything with crunchberries, oranges, pork, raw tomatoes, peanut butter or bananas. Neither will I be eating any fish products when in the presence of a fishbowl or aquarium. That is all.

melaniehoo
11-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Shakey mentioned a good one - menudo.

If you don't know what it is, feel blessed.

ETA: and no, it's not Ricky Martin in a blender. :)

JoeEkaitis
11-30-2007, 02:53 AM
Anchovies. As the late Erma Bombeck points out, you can't swallow a molecule of anchovy without tasting it.

"By the time that tiny speck of anchovy made the trip from the tip of my tongue to the back of my throat, it had grown to the size of a salty rotting whale."

dahmnait
11-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Gluten and garlic. Learning to cook all over again has been an interesting process.

Susie
11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Chocolate, but I sure eat it anyway. :)

paprikapink
11-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I generally gag on peas, except for one particular kind of "sweet peas." Those are yummy. Trouble is the only way to know which I'm getting is to taste em. yick.

Lima beans. Double yick. When my kids say they hate something, I remind them about all the things I hated as a kid but now enjoy (tomatoes, orange juice, mushrooms, spaghetti ...) and since you never know when you'll get to the "now enjoy" stage, I make them taste stuff even if they hated it last time they tasted it. And, dutifully non-hypocritically I taste lima beans when confronted. GROSS!!

I eat meat -- chicken, turkey, beef, pork, fish, and shellfish. I won't eat lamb or duck or rabbit or ostrich unless I discontinue one of the other meats.

blacbird
11-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Raw apples and pears. Possibly peaches, too. About five years ago, I developed a severe allergy to these fruits, including asthmatic reactions. It is a side effect of an allergy to birch pollen, which floods the atmosphere where I live every spring, some years worse than others. Cooked, I can eat these fruits with no trouble.

But I love raw apples and pears and peaches. It sux.

caw

Cassiopeia
11-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Chocolate, but I sure eat it anyway. :)

*hands susie some cadbury's dairy milk bar from England*

Susie
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
*hands susie some cadbury's dairy milk bar from England*

OOOOOO, you know what makes me smile, Cassi. Many yummy thanks and I'll share it with ya. That's the best kind!

aruna
11-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Jello.

Yes, Suelze.

After 19 years as a vegetarian, I can't eat red meat. Well, fish & poultry will make me puke too, but that's just psychological, I guess. Red meat I apparently don't have the enzymes to digest anymore.

I've been vegetarian for 30 years, yet I have never had any revulsion to poutlry or fish. I don't eat much poultry, but I CAN if necessary. But I actually love fish and seafood.

I can't stand even the thought of eating red meat.
It's funny how non-vegetarians regard that.

I have a good gfriend. She's been close to me for 20 years and kows my eating habits. The other day I ws staying at her place and she had some lasagne she ofered me. "It's made without meat," she said, "It's OK."
So I began to eat. The moment I put some in my mouth, I knew it... I poked around in the food a bit and therte I saw it... bits of bacon.

"But this has BACON!" I said!
"Yes,m but only a few tiny bits," she replied. She was genuinly astonished when I ran to the toilet to spit out what was in my mouth. She hadn't meant it in a mean way., She really thought she was doing me a favour by adding "taste" to the food without much meat.

Yuck, yuck, yuck. The very thought of it makes me want to vomit right now.

aruna
11-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I generally gag on peas, except for one particular kind of "sweet peas." Those are yummy. Trouble is the only way to know which I'm getting is to taste em. yick.

When I was a child I used to gag on peas. We had them every Friday at boarding school. I could not bear it, but you HAD to eat everything. SO I used to shove the peas off my plate and on to my lap and then on to the floor. ONe day, they caught me doing it. The floor under the table was covered in peas.
As a punishment, I had to eat a whole plate of peas.

I also loathed brussel sprouts as a child. I can eat both now.

aruna
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Okra. Yeugh. Forgot that one.

:D

The problem with okra is that harldy anyone knows how to cook it. The way most people prepare it, it;s all slimy and disgusting. If they are cooked properly there is no slime and they are simplyu delicious.

ALso,. I do not eat any kind of junk food. I loathe it now. I especially hate white bread. It's very hard to get good bread in England. Even the brown bread is all soft and artificial, like pudding. Germany, now, thats the
place to go for some good real bread. A German bakery is heaven on earth.

Cassiopeia
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
The problem with okra is that harldy anyone knows how to cook it. The way most people prepare it, it;s all slimy and disgusting. If they are cooked properly there is no slime and they are simplyu delicious.

ALso,. I do not eat any kind of junk food. I loathe it now. I especially hate white bread. It's very hard to get good bread in England. Even the brown bread is all soft and artificial, like pudding. Germany, now, thats the
place to go for some good real bread. A German bakery is heaven on earth.

I really wish I was staying here longer and I hadn't fallen so ill, I could teach you how to make your own bread that you would absolutely love. I spent 20 years learning how to grind my own grains and make bread quickly just to find out, I am sensitive to gluten. I still make the best bread ever. :)

aruna
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Cass, I have thought about getting on eof those bread machines where you just put inthe flour and the berad is finished next morming. Next time I have some money that;s what I'm goung to spend it on!

I do not trust myself to bake my own bread. Everything I have ever baked has turned out awful!
Actually, I lied. There is one place in England I can get excellent bread from, and that is Bill's in Brighton. I pass it on my way to work so occasionally buy some there.

Cassiopeia
11-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Cass, I have thought about getting on eof those bread machines where you just put inthe flour and the berad is finished next morming. Next time I have some money that;s what I'm goung to spend it on!

I do not trust myself to bake my own bread. Everything I have ever baked has turned out awful!
Actually, I lied. There is one place in England I can get excellent bread from, and that is Bill's in Brighton. I pass it on my way to work so occasionally buy some there.I have a double loaf auto baker but it doesn't make bread like *I* do. ;) I will email you when I get home with how I go about it and perhaps you will find that you can also have fun with it. Of course you know, if *I* can make bread...anyone can :) *hugs*

truelyana
11-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Processed junk food. There's no taste involved, and it's not very fulfilling.

truelyana
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM

That's another word for vegetables in Portuguese.

nerds
11-30-2007, 05:28 PM
That gelatinous German Jello thing mentioned upthread made me think of one more item - it's so hideous that, like haggis, it must not be mentioned in anything other than tiny letters:

headcheese

If you've never seen headcheese, go forth and be happy. Do not look when you happen to pass it in a deli. Avert your eyes, run, save yourself.

Pat~
11-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Pistachios. I was about 5 years old when I first ate some, and no one told me you were supposed to take the shells off first.

C.bronco
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I could never eat Haggis. He's far too perky; it'd break my heart.

Skippy
11-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Shellfish - it swellsmy throat and I can't breathe.
Tripe - because who is their right minds would eat that @#$#?
naked men - because....oh wait no their fine. :D

Namatu
11-30-2007, 07:57 PM
The moment I put some in my mouth, I knew it... I poked around in the food a bit and there I saw it... bits of bacon.
Agh! Happily, that hasn't happened to me in a long while, but when it does, I know immediately. And bacon? -shudder-

I have fond memories of chicken, but my stomach decided it didn't want any anymore. I will eat some fish, but it very limited doses, and it has to be grilled. It can not in any way resemble a fish or the visual hurdle becomes too large to overcome.

What I can't eat:
Gluten. I thought. Experimenting now.
Dairy. Limited amounts only, I thought. It seems to have reversed itself? Mystery.

What I won't eat, these are primarily a matter of pleasing the eye. They don't, and apparently my food must look pretty.:
Pickles
Tomatoes (sun-dried is okay) and any variation thereof, including ketchup (never had it)
Grits
Mayonnaise

After food passes the pretty test, it must have an acceptable feel.

Yes, I am picky, and I like it that way! :D

paprikapink
12-01-2007, 12:41 AM
I have close family friend whose whole family can't deal with gluten. When they were first diagnosed, it was really extreme and their list of restricted foods was as long as this whole thread! (well, almost.) But now that they have been watching their diet so closely for a few years, their guts have healed from the damage done by eating too much of what was bad for them while they didn't know it was bad, and now some foods are coming off the restricted list.

melaniehoo
12-01-2007, 01:10 AM
What I won't eat, these are primarily a matter of pleasing the eye. They don't, and apparently my food must look pretty.:
Pickles
Tomatoes (sun-dried is okay) and any variation thereof, including ketchup (never had it)
Grits
Mayonnaise

After food passes the pretty test, it must have an acceptable feel.

Yes, I am picky, and I like it that way! :D

But ketchup & mayo all mixed together are the BEST!

FabulaScribe
06-21-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm gluten intolerant, so I can't eat anything made with wheat, barley, rye or oats.

And I just-plain don't like brussels sprouts, lima beans, or okra. Ugh.

The texture of cooked apples and cooked raisins against my teeth affects me like fingernails on a chalkboard, though the flavor is ok.

Anything else, pretty much, I'm ok with.

Bo Sullivan
06-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Horrible Garlic! It makes me ill! Just the smell of it is so offputting and vile.

TerzaRima
06-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Gorgonzola. My gorge rises just typing the word.

JoeEkaitis
06-21-2008, 02:55 AM
If I never, ever eat an oyster, I will still consider my life complete.

shakeysix
06-21-2008, 04:38 AM
oyster stew is pretty sucky too. those littel crackers only make it worse--s6

shakeysix
06-21-2008, 04:42 AM
ever have ceviche? kind of mexican sushi. does t bite? oh, si! like catfood on a cracker only the cracker tastes like the bottom of an aquarium--s6

stormie
06-21-2008, 04:47 AM
I have dug for clams. I have gone out half-day fishing for fluke. I have gone out all night fishing for bluefish. BUT I can't eat any seafood except maybe (if I really, really have to) tuna fish disguised in a tuna salad or fluke, fried and with ketchup and lemons. I've tried all seafood, but can't stomach it. My aunt and my father were the same way. Genetics? Allergies? Who knows.

shakeysix
06-21-2008, 04:51 AM
no, that shit--mariscos--seafood--whatever alias it goes under is just plain nasty! lobster? just a big ugly cockroach! look in any biology textbook--the truth is there!--s6

stormie
06-21-2008, 05:01 AM
lobster? just a big ugly cockroach! look in any biology textbook--the truth is there!--s6
Oh, thanks, shakey! Next time I go to my MIL's house (next town over) I can tell her that. They still can't believe I don't eat lobster.

Ziljon
06-21-2008, 05:07 AM
I can eat Shellfish . . . if I'm willing to get a GIANT PIMPLE somewhere on my face.

Joe270
06-21-2008, 05:11 AM
I don't eat butt-bumpers, no rabbit or frog for me, thanks.

Excrement eaters like catfish and tilapia are off my menu, too.

C.bronco
06-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Liver. As a child, my Mom promised me that she'd never make me eat liver. In homage to her benificence, I shall never try it.

P.S. My Mom rules!

Joe270
06-21-2008, 05:32 AM
I have always loved liver and onions.

I love my mother, but she just can't cook beef. She'd cook it to shoe leather and harp on how great it is to eat steak. Nasty. No flavor, just tasted like cardboard.

But the liver was tender and had a strong flavor.

To this day I prefer casseroles, seafood, and pasta dishes. I can cook a great steak, but the memories linger. I still can't eat potroast.

stormie
06-21-2008, 05:35 AM
Calves liver with onion and bacon. Mmmmm.... But I will not eat seafood.

Joe270
06-21-2008, 05:47 AM
Stormie's right, I had forgotten that. It must be calves liver, soak it in milk before cooking.

Unique
06-21-2008, 02:37 PM
lima beans.
and liver.

Big fat, harko, yak, spit-tooei. {hurl}

DL Hegel
06-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Pork--it doesn't agree w/ me.

maestrowork
06-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Cooked oysters. Yuck. Olives. I hate them with a passion. Insects and worms. I don't normally eat liver, unless it's foie gras.

Hillary
06-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I refuse to eat fudge. Instant diabetic comas just aren't my thang.

(Why did we unearth this thread? Like we can't complain and be picky, petulant whiners in other threads?)

Carole
06-21-2008, 06:05 PM
(Because having new places to complain is fun!)

I can't eat, or won't eat:

Peanut butter (smells terrible and tastes worse)
Peanuts
Scallops
Artificially flavored fruit anything - candy, drinks, Popsicles, Kool Aid, etc.
Fat-free dairy of any kind. (It's just not normal)
Strange looking meat that I can't identify (Think of the oddities you can find in the grocery store in the meat coolers)
Canned meat

I'm basically not a picky eater, but there are places where I do draw the line.

maestrowork
06-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Dried fruits, including raisins. Eeeek.

HeronW
06-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Sesame products and I do not get along. That includes tahini--sesame oil, hummus which here is mixed with tahini, and halva--sesame paste which can be in all sorts of baked goods, candy and they even have icecream based on halva. That's the same color as coffee icecream though it tastes sort of hazelnutty right before hives close off my throat.

OY! Am I in the wrong part of the world! :}

I won't eat tongue, tripe, oxtail, pigs' feet, porkrinds or gizzards. Or haggis, or vegemite.

maestrowork
06-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't think anyone on here eats haggis. Except Rolling Thunder. He eats haggis for snacks.

stormie
06-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Can't eat Spam. I even tried frying it once and dousing it with relish. I don't even like the looks of it as it comes plopping out of the can.

DL Hegel
06-21-2008, 10:08 PM
I don't think anyone on here eats haggis. Except Rolling Thunder. He eats haggis for snacks.
my recipe is steamed with spices and drown in hot sauce--too tough otherwise.

Can't eat Spam. I even tried frying it once and dousing it with relish. I don't even like the looks of it as it comes plopping out of the can.Spam ---yuk!

JamieFord
06-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Can't eat pickled beets. Was forced to eat them in kindergarten and threw up...

Aside from that, I can eat pretty much anything else--jellyfish, sea cucumber, steak tartar, sashimi of any kind, tripe, chicken feet--as Chow Yun Fat said in The Corruptor, "If you wanna be Chinese, you gotta eat the nasty stuff."