Status
Not open for further replies.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know why the 'New Posts' section is sometimes 3 pages long, and at other times has like 2 posts in it? There doesn't seem to be a default age cut-off, and posts I haven't read disappear from the list. It did it to me a minute ago. What's up with that?
huh.gif

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Good question, I was sort of wondering the same thing...not that I'm obsessed with this site or anything.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, that's not really what I meant. When you hit 'New Posts' on the toolbar, it lists all threads replied to within a certain timeframe, regardless of whether you've read them - but the timeframe isn't consistent, so sometimes you get 3 pages of results and other times you get 3... results.

I know the problem you mean, with threads showing as read/unread when they're not, but I don't worry about that.

CindyBidar

Has nothing clever to say
Registered
Reaction score
three seven said:
Yeah, that's not really what I meant. When you hit 'New Posts' on the toolbar, it lists all threads replied to within a certain timeframe, regardless of whether you've read them - but the timeframe isn't consistent, so sometimes you get 3 pages of results and other times you get 3... results.

I know the problem you mean, with threads showing as read/unread when they're not, but I don't worry about that.

I'm pretty sure the two are related. It has to do with cookies and when they expire. One other thing I've noticed--if you log out (officially, by clicking on "log out"), all is lost. :(

I do hope they find a solution. When I'm at home, it doesn't much matter to me. But when at work on a dial up, it's a reall pain in the patootie to accidentally open a thread I've already read.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one looking forward to a solution to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.