PDA

View Full Version : NEW POSTS

three seven
02-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know why the 'New Posts' section is sometimes 3 pages long, and at other times has like 2 posts in it? There doesn't seem to be a default age cut-off, and posts I haven't read disappear from the list. It did it to me a minute ago. What's up with that?
http://www.geocities.com/thingumybobwotsit/huh.gif

Rose
02-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Good question, I was sort of wondering the same thing...not that I'm obsessed with this site or anything.

HConn
02-28-2005, 05:08 AM
This was first mentioned right here. (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7984) There's a bit of an explanation, too.

I hope it will be fixed soon. It's become hard to follow the conversations in the time I have to visit.

three seven
02-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, that's not really what I meant. When you hit 'New Posts' on the toolbar, it lists all threads replied to within a certain timeframe, regardless of whether you've read them - but the timeframe isn't consistent, so sometimes you get 3 pages of results and other times you get 3... results.

I know the problem you mean, with threads showing as read/unread when they're not, but I don't worry about that.

CindyBidar
03-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Yeah, that's not really what I meant. When you hit 'New Posts' on the toolbar, it lists all threads replied to within a certain timeframe, regardless of whether you've read them - but the timeframe isn't consistent, so sometimes you get 3 pages of results and other times you get 3... results.

I know the problem you mean, with threads showing as read/unread when they're not, but I don't worry about that.

I'm pretty sure the two are related. It has to do with cookies and when they expire. One other thing I've noticed--if you log out (officially, by clicking on "log out"), all is lost. :(

I do hope they find a solution. When I'm at home, it doesn't much matter to me. But when at work on a dial up, it's a reall pain in the patootie to accidentally open a thread I've already read.

Rose
03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one looking forward to a solution to this one.