The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman

Would you like to discuss one chapter per week?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post your opinion)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to post a thread and a poll regarding this book. I've found it to be very helpful to my writing and was wondering if others would like to discuss one chapter per week?

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is a great book--put me down. :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Let's do this, then. For everyone who wants to join in, they can do so when they want to. I'll start a new thread on Sunday, November 25th, 2007, with Chapter One - Presentation. Anyone who is interested only has to read that chapter and follow along with the discussion, giving their opinions and comments when they desire.

Every Sunday afterwards I'll start a new thread for each chapter (Unless someone else wants to take a turn). That way, each chapter can be discussed by others who join later or easily referenced in the future. Sound okay?

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in. I read it this fall, but it's my book so I'm ready to pick it up again. :)

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I just realized my copy is buried in one of the many boxes I currently have laying around so I might not be able to participate (straight out of the book) for a while.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sounds good, Rllg. I'm due for a brush-up. :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I just realized my copy is buried in one of the many boxes I currently have laying around so I might not be able to participate (straight out of the book) for a while.

That's okay. I'm seeing this as a string of reference threads, in a sense. They won't replace having the book as a good reference (and might even spur some to drop a few bucks on procuring a copy).

I'll start the first thread tomorrow so jump right in when you have time or feel the inclination to add or debate the subject.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Can I participate if I haven't read the book? As in, commenting on other's ideas regarding the text instead of the text itself?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see why not, Dama. Check your local library and see if they have a copy, too. It's worth reading. :)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I don't see why not, Dama. Check your local library and see if they have a copy, too. It's worth reading. :)
I don't have a local library :D And it's not on my school library, so I'm kinda screwed here. I'll be happy to read the posts, though. Maybe you could include a small summary of each chapter when you post for the benefit of those of us who don't have access to the book?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
No problem, Dama. :)

I don't know about the summary, since the thread will probably get picked up by new members in the future and discussed. I suspect they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.