The End of NaNo; When is it?

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Hey All,

I just wanted to know what date we upload our final novel into the NaNo system? The 29thNov or the 30thNov? On NaNo it says the 29th, but isn't the 30th the last day of the month? So will it be okay to upload it just before it hits 1stDec? Although I think the system may crash by then, what with all the last simultaneous users uploading and that. Do we have to actually upload or paste the whole novel for it to register 50,000 words? As there is the option to paste it on there, but before I read on the website that we'd have to upload it ourselfs. What gives, and what was it like last year?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hey All,

I just wanted to know what date we upload our final novel into the NaNo system? The 29thNov or the 30thNov? On NaNo it says the 29th, but isn't the 30th the last day of the month? So will it be okay to upload it just before it hits 1stDec? Although I think the system may crash by then, what with all the last simultaneous users uploading and that. Do we have to actually upload or paste the whole novel for it to register 50,000 words? As there is the option to paste it on there, but before I read on the website that we'd have to upload it ourselfs. What gives, and what was it like last year?
30th. 11:59 is the last minute of NaNo.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
I keep pasting my expanded story into the NaNo site word counter - and I'm over 50K already - but next week I'll have to worry about how to be certified a winner. And how to download that sort of emblem that shows you've won NaNoWriMo. Not that it all matters that much, but I guess it's part of the fun.

GeorgieB

Almost a wannabe writer
Registered
Reaction score
I keep pasting my expanded story into the NaNo site word counter - and I'm over 50K already - but next week I'll have to worry about how to be certified a winner. And how to download that sort of emblem that shows you've won NaNoWriMo. Not that it all matters that much, but I guess it's part of the fun.

If I'm not mistaken, the "official" word counter begins on the 24th. Anytime after that and until the end of the month you can submit your file and if it's over 50K you'll become a 'certified' winner and get a pointer to the site where you can download your printable certificate. You don't have to wait until the 30th (unless that's when you hit the magic word count) and get involved in the crush to count that will happen then.

Last edited: