PDA

View Full Version : What are you thankful for?

Odyssey
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
x

Meerkat
11-22-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm thankful that, despite our flaws, we arrive at reasonable outcomes, for the most part. I'm thankful that with proper encouragement and just the smallest luck, we can ride our dreams as far as our wits and our efforts will support. I'm thankful for all here who are friends, whether they always have been or aspire to be without yet knowing.
I am thankful for all these blessings.

And twizzlers. Geez, I love those chewy candies!

Jennifer Robins
11-22-2007, 12:31 AM
At the gracery store today in an isle occupied only by a little girl bent down feeling all the cereal boxes, a little white cane attached to her wrist. I watched her take each box off the shelf and feel it, shake and smell it until a man walked up to her and asked to help her, she shook her head and smiled and then picked up a box of Trix and started toward me with her cane extended to guide her. A voice from the end of the isle called out to her. It was her father waiting for her to get her choice of cereal. She was so small, only maybe 4 0r 5 yrs old. Her eyes were almost closed and what I could see told me she was totally blind, but she made her way past me and joined her father who was smiling at his presious little girl as she made her way to him.
I walked away with tears in my eyes and thanked God for all my Blessings.

Visit this, you will like it.

http://www.wandascountryhome.com/th...ving/index.html (http://www.wandascountryhome.com/thanksgiving/index.html)
Jennifer Robins

eodmatt
11-22-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm thankful that I am not a Turkey. ;^>)

Gravity
11-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Since this is on the PA thread, I'm thankful I'm away from them.

DaveKuzminski
11-22-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm thankful on behalf of any PA author who might go postal at the PublishAmerica offices that Maryland doesn't have a death penalty.

edgyllama
11-22-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm thankful I'm not a PA employee because you know Moe is gonna make everyone work the 23rd.

LeslieB
11-22-2007, 04:51 AM
As others have said, this section is for PA threads, so I will say that I am thankful that a friend of mine told me about the Atlanta Nights sting. As a member of law enforcement I knew there had to be scammers in the industry (nothing is immune to crime), but I had no real knowledge about telling the crooks from the legit agents and publishers. I'm thankful I found AW so that I could learn from industry pros and hopefully can avoid some of the pitfalls.

triceretops
11-22-2007, 07:57 AM
As an ex-federal officer, I too hate scams and lying publishers. I'm glad so many PA authors are finding peace at last, and advancing in their craft and finding success.

Odyssey, you are a shining example of fortitude and perseverance, and I thank you for starting this thread.

Tri

nancy sv
11-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Do I have to list only a few? I am so thankful for more than I could ever write here. Life is good.