You know what's gonna suck?

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
That my damn NaNo project has the potential to be way more than 50,000 and I am going to ignore my original WIP, Stone and Glass.

Is this a bad thing? I can't decide. LOL :tongue

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rut-ro!

As it happened, I had just finished my 90,000 word MS when NaNo came up. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have tried it.

When you asked "You know what's gonna suck?" my immediate thought was editing this mess! I have not looked back since starting this NaNo book.

edgyllama

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
No, mine will end at 50,000 words even if I have to kill my MC to do it. I am totally fried by this and wont look at my work again for a months.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'll probably be ignoring my previous WIP to finish this one, too. But that's ok. I like this one too, and it probably needs less work to actually finish it.

GeorgieB

Almost a wannabe writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'll continue working on my NaNo project until it's finished at 70K or so, and continue working on my current WIP. I'll edit one until I get sick of it, put it aside and work on the other until I get sick of it, then work on ...

Editing first drafts require all the interruptions I can think up, they're that bad.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Yeah, I'm writing a fantasy, meanwhile I'm ignoring other WIPs that need more work before hubby can take a stab at editing. Which he hasn't let me forget. And he hasn't stopped nagging me about...

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I promised myself I'd finish my NaNo book by the end of November no matter how long it ends up. And I bragged about it to my family, too. So now I have to, even though I'm only 33,000 words in as of right now.

On the other hand, I've promised myself an iPod if I do it. :)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I only have 20,000ish words for my nano piece. When Nano is over I have to go back to editing the third of my three finished novels. I don't want November to end because I want to stay in Dubious Pickles' walls forever...

I hate editing!

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I promised myself I'd finish my NaNo book by the end of November no matter how long it ends up. And I bragged about it to my family, too. So now I have to, even though I'm only 33,000 words in as of right now.

On the other hand, I've promised myself an iPod if I do it. :)
You're really not very far behind. According to my little NaNo calendar, we should have 36,666 today be on schedule.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Last year, I put my WIP on hold in order to do NaNo. I hit the 50K on the NaNo project, then lost interest in it so I went back to my WIP and saw a definite improvement in my style. Throwing an extra 50K words of practice in helped tremendously.

This year I finished another WIP right before NaNo so there's nothing to stop me from continuing on my NaNo story in December, but I'm not sure whether I want to work on this one or tackle last year's NaNo as my new WIP while I revise the draft I just finished. Decisions, decisions....