My music memoir just sold

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Well, I guess I can announce this now, since my agent has it listed as on upcoming book on her website.

My Cajun music memoir, Accordion Dreams, will be published by the University Press of Mississippi in 2009.

!!!!!!!

Just got finalized this morning. Still can't quite believe it! It's been so great to have AW to read, to to be able to commiserate with my fellow writers during this long uphill climb.

I'll add more details later. Probably y'all are sleeping anyhow--since I am on West coast time, in the Cajun-zydeco hotspot (really!) of the San Francisco Bay Area!

So, my husband has already poured us some wine. Time to celebrate! Maybe I'll pull out my accordion after dinner :)

Susan B*

*or my real name: Blair Kilpatrick. "Susan" is my middle name.

Last edited:

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Woweeee!!!! Congratulations!!!

I can't wait to hear more about your memoir.

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Wow--oatmeal stout and a double toast of wine! I may not be able to stay awake long enough to play much of anything! Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow -- congratulations!

Please put me down for two copies: one for me and one for my folks. Dad's a bit of a fan. This'll make a great gift!

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
I am so happy for you, Susan. 'Been following your publishing journey for a while on these boards. News like this makes all the uphill trek worth it. Rejoice.

CONGRATULATIONS!
:D

Sury

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Thanks!

Thanks for all the great messages--love hearing about dads who are fans of Cajun music and the accordion!

Also very happy if my journey offers some hope. I have certainly turned to other folks' stories on AW for hope and inspiration--and commiserating. We are all on the same tough path--it can help so much to share it, since it gets lonely and discouraging sometimes. (Like that other tough thing I tried to do: master the accordion in midlife--but that's another story! Actually, that IS the story....)

Susan

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Woooohoo! Congratulations, that's wonderful!

:e2woo: :hooray: :snoopy: