FedEx undelivered to agent...

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Question for the query vets.

I've been in communication with an agent who wanted my ms. FedExed to him (he became hot for it once he found out it was under consideration elsewhere but does not open attachments). I've just tracked it- no one was there to receive it (I have rechecked the address to make sure the mistake was not mine.)

Normally I'd just say "I've done my part" and let the recipient handle the other side of the FedEx, but I've noticed in various agents' blogs that picking up mail seems to be a peeve. Do I leave it alone and let him deal with it? Should I email him and offer to send it as an attachment despite his preference and give him the option to open that for his convenience? I'm working now and on a plane first thing in the morning.

He may not be so hot for it when I return.

I try not to email the pesky little questions to agents- I'd prefer to pester you all first, if possible!

What would Geez-us do?

cate townsend

Registered
Reaction score
I had this problem also, when I sent requested material to a Manhattan address via UPS - nobody was there to sign for it. It eventually got there, but five days after I spent big bucks to rush it. The best way to send material is through the good ol' USPS, because nobody has to sign for it (unless you request) and the person who delivers the mail usually has the key to the mailbox that FedEx and UPS does not have.

I'd wait a few days to see if FedEx delivers. Also, it's probably not an issue to email him an attachment now, since he asked for the work and he knows where the attachment came from. Wait a bit, then if you get your package back, either send it USPS or email the agent, asking kindly if you may submit electronically.

Best of luck to you!

ORION

Sailed away years ago
Registered
Reaction score
Website
patriciawoodauthor.com
Actually you can do the same thing fedex- I check no signature and then they usually leave it with the doorman.
For full and partial requests I also made sure that it would arrive in the middle of the week (not a monday or friday)
I also emailed to let them know it was coming- fed ex deliveries usually come at the same time each day- those in publishing will get fed ex stuff continually-

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately, he wanted it now, and via FedEx. Grr.

It's okay though- it looks like FedEx was feeling charitable and went back a second time. I just saw the sig. receipt.

Thanks again Cate and Orion! Stressful querying: what a delightful break from the usual ennui.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oofah! I see why Victoria asked that question: Check this thread.

Hopefully, the OP isn't dealing with Mr. Kritzer.

~Nancy