Thanksgiving!

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
So, how is everyone spending their Turkey Day this year? I'll bake the night before (that's the only job anyone trusts me with. One year I offered to cook dinner & my mom didn't speak to me for a week), get up, watch the parade with the kids. Then we'll go to my mom's for dinner. This year my in-laws are coming as well, as are my husband's brother and sister. Should be a noisy afternoon.

What's everyone else doing?

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Research. Oh, and actually eating something that is not a: burger, pizza, chicken tender or sandwich.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
good ole tennessee cooking by generations of ladies dedicated to stuffing you until you're peacefully comatose.

oh, and boiled custard with a dab of jack daniels.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
SLEEP.
COFFEE.
READ.
Make my Aunt's famous oyster stuffing.

Drive over to my MIL's house.

Listen to her complain about my ex (her son) until he arrives.

Sip wine while family rakes him over the coals.

Give him time to get off the road.

Return home and bask in the glow of my two wonderful children and my two remaining cats.

Drink wine..continue to bask.
Repeat with changes during next two days

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
We're hosting this year, so it looks like I'll be starting the cooking and baking Wednesday . . . with everything else going on, I really just feel like skipping the whole day this year. :(

Melisande

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
This year we're off to the V (FW). Right now they need all the support they can get and the fact that I don't have to spend two full days in the kitchen makes me feel thankful already.

MMWyrm

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MLoriMotley.com
Everyone (including middle sis and her two kids who we see MAYBE once a year) is converging on my Dad's house (that I get to clean tomorrow). I'm cooking, my other sis is bringing desert. Just hanging out and eating a lot.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
The night before

turkey.jpg

:Shrug: who knows how dinner will turn out.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I get to spend it with my inlaws.

Yippee. :rolleyes:

Ditto. :)

I've been married for almost 2 years now and both sets of parents still take the responsibility of cooking the holiday meals. I'm totally fine with that, particularly since we're the ones who always have to do the traveling, but it kinda makes me feel like a kid. Ah well. Does this continue until we have our own children?

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I've been married almost eleven years, I've yet to host a major holiday. My mom and my inlaws aren't quite ready to give up the tradition.

I'm workin' on 'em, though. I'm trying to get everyone to my house for Christmas. I don't see it happening, but I'll try.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
We're going to cook and have my mother over for Thanksgiving. We do the stuffing by scratch as well as pumpkin pies and other stuff. :)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Also home alone. :) I'm making pies with friends, tomorrow, to give away mostly. I'll likely sleep in, then go volunteer for a couple of hours at a local church that serves Thanksgiving dinners, then come home and roast a turkey breast and some trimmings.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
My sister comes home from college tomorrow, and on Thursday all the aunts and uncles and cousins come in. We're a big, close family, so we get together every weekend. So Thanksgiving isn't really a standout holiday for us...just an opportunity to pretend it's the weekend. ;)

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Also home alone. :) I'm making pies with friends, tomorrow, to give away mostly. I'll likely sleep in, then go volunteer for a couple of hours at a local church that serves Thanksgiving dinners, then come home and roast a turkey breast and some trimmings.

Damn Mac...Fly to Chicago and get drunk with me and my family. We usually have a good time though few of us can remember...

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
:D There'll probably be at least a couple of over-stuffed friends and neighbors who stop over on their respective ways home, to have a drink or two with me, Don--but I'll keep Chicago in mind.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
:D There'll probably be at least a couple of over-stuffed friends and neighbors who stop over on their respective ways home, to have a drink or two with me, Don--but I'll keep Chicago in mind.

Cool, a cold one will be waiting... Happy Thanksgiving..

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
You don't sleep :D

Thanksgiving by yourself, Mac :(

I'm going to my uncle's, w/ 3 of my cousins. It's the first holiday since my aunt passed away, September. We're all cooking while my uncle drinks, converses, then carves the turkey. My oldest cousin is in charge, so it should be interesting. The other 2 cousins won't be there, 5 girls in all.