What's a Blog Carnival?

sgunelius

10 Books & Counting
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.keysplashcreative.com
I did a search to try to learn what a blog carnival is, and I found several posts asking for submissions to carnivals but not an explanation of what one actually is. I've been asked to participate in one, but I don't know what it is exactly. Can someone explain what a blog carnival is?

Thank you!

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
From blogcarnival.com

A Blog Carnival is a particular kind of blog community. There are many kinds of blogs, and they contain articles on many kinds of topics. Blog Carnivals typically collect together links pointing to blog articles on a particular topic. A Blog Carnival is like a magazine. It has a title, a topic, editors, contributors, and an audience. Editions of the carnival typically come out on a regular basis (e.g. every monday, or on the first of the month). Each edition is a special blog article that consists of links to all the contributions that have been submitted, often with the editors opinions or remarks.

There is so much stuff in the blog-o-sphere, just finding interesting stuff is hard. If there is a carnival for a topic you are interested in, following that carnival is a great way to learn what bloggers are saying about that topic. If you are blogging on that topic, the carnival is the place to share your work with like-minded bloggers.