Whoa...I had a threesome!!!

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm trying not to get my hopes all up in the air but this never happened to me before.

And no, not that kind of threesome, sillies. :tongue (ha, ha made you look lol)

About a week ago I got a full request from The Wild Rose Press for my novella and I hopped around the room and almost flipped out because I was wondering if my synopsis and execution of the story was getting across to readers.

Then this week came and I got a full request on Wednesday from Samhain for my 'near and dear to me' novel. (That morning I was nearly freaking out about the manuscript in question, too because I wasn't sure if I should expand it or just leave it alone.)

But then today came and I got a response from Harlequin Intrigue. In typical me fashion I tried to guess what kind of rejection I got and completely psyched myself out until....they requested a partial or a full if I had it!!

I was sooo shocked and happy!!! I'm hoping for the best of everything, but either way I'm jazzed I got this far and am going to enjoy my little moment with a glass of...something I find in the fridge that's fabulous. Then I'm going to stuff my head into my other projects so I won't be hovering over the mailbox or my email every two seconds for a reply lol.

But I just thought I'd share to show how strange things can occur when you least expect it. So go out there and get 'em fellow writers!!!

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and best of luck!!!
smilie_abc_008.gif

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
:)

How wonderful!

I hope there's something exciting in the fridge for you to drink, cos this is not the moment for Kool-Aid.

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! And definitely way beyond Kool-Aid time! Unless the KA is mixed with something that's got some kick and vibrance! Woo!

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Whoa!! Excellent!! That must've been one hell of a day!! Here, I'll even share from my special stash of champagne :D shhhh, just don't tell my parents!

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll def keep you guys posted either way.

Ooh champagne! Please do sneak me a glass. I'll keep hush hush about it. ;)

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Good thing for you my lawyers out of town the rest of this month or I'd sue for false advertising.

Other than that - Congrats on your scores. Best of luck to you. :)

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes. And an extra special thanks to DamaNegra for the Cristal. Ooooh ahhhhh.

Well, I went sent out the manuscript today and in my brain deadness I completely forgot to include a SASE postcard so I can know they received it okay. Gaah! I did make a note of when I sent it so if years pass and I don't hear anything, I can safely say de evil mail lost it (it hurts less than the alternative ;)). But we shall see how it goes.

Oh! And to brokenfingers, hmm there was that one dream I had about me, Gerard Butler and David Wenham....hehe.

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I didn't want to say anything until I was sure things were set (and that I wasn't dreaming) but I heard back from Wild Rose Press and my editor loved the story and accepted it! YAY!!!! I'm writing under a pseudonym so I don't really want to promote it under my name but my author page is up and my contract is in the mail and I know I'm writing in run-on sentences cause I'm just so excited!!!! I'm a Wild Rose Press author weeeee!!!

Now I must sit patiently and wait to hear from the others (while I cross everything imaginable o' course! lol)

*skips off to do the dance of joy*

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Mmmm champagne...I'm sooo going to need the booze to daze me enough to get through the next ___ weeks/months! :poke: