Books with Duality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensenomaking

I'm looking to write a book/story about duality and various psychological elements--all are tied in with the overall "plot". In other words, think Mulholland Drive and Play it as it Lays meets your typical genre book. Surely, there must be many stories out there that have shifting POV done in a fashion to represent heightened states of reality, right? Right?

Help needed!

LaceWing

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
your question is interesting, somehow, even though I had to google everything, and I can't answer it. Instead, I have questions for you. Is this the psychology you're interested in? http://www.symbolism.org/writing/books/spc/duality/page2.html

Care to elucidate on your ideas? I'm very curious about it. It sounds like the MC is going to kind of go through some radical personality changes. If so, the vocabulary and style as he/she speaks and thinks would need to change a lot, yes?

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
You might want to ask one of the mods to correct your thread name - I've never hear of daulity. Puma

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
You might want to ask one of the mods to correct your thread name - I've never hear of daulity. Puma

Thank you! This is driving me nuts. I keep repeating "daulity daulity daulity" to myself every time I see it. Oh, typos, why must you be so maddening?

Then I start wondering if my book has daulity or not...and, if so, can I get a daulit-ectomy?

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
IceCreamEmpress - You too? I finally had to look at the thread. Puma

Status
Not open for further replies.