"Doi" Moments

Mystic Blossom

My heart's a battleground
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachellieberman.wordpress.com
I just had one this morning. I have a bunch of books for a research paper that my art history teacher got for me on inter-library loan from other colleges. She asked me to return one that was due, and I swore up and down that she never gave it to me. I looked in my room for it, and it didn't seem like it was there.

This morning I noticed a rather thick book under my bed that didn't resemble any that I owned. With bated breath, I picked it up, and sure enough, there it was.

So I sent her a quick, apologetic e-mail, and returned it to the library. I saw her a few minutes ago and asked if she got my e-mail.

Her answer: "I did, and I'm going to kill you."

"Okay."

"You're going to be very, very dead."

What sucks most of all is that in not knowing I had it, I didn't use it for my research paper. And inter-library loan books can't be renewed.

Well, crap.

Share your doi moments! :D

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
Writing this is fun, and I can say anything, like "I have a bugger dangling from my nose!" I just hope that THIS TIME, I remember to hit 'delete' instead of 'sen-

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
Do you mean "DOH!" moments? You might have just had another. ;)

We grew up saying "Doi" - DOH is more Homer Simpson current:D

Uh...Meercat - you got a nose goblin there.

My doi moment this week...spending 1/2 hr looking for my office keys. They were in my pocket. One of many...it was a long week.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I didn’t have a “Doi/Doh” moment this week, but I did have an “Oh Shit” moment.

I got the mail yesterday and in the lovely pile was a "City of Chicago Revenue" envelope. Inside was a lovely $90 ticket with three pictures of my car and license plate. The worst thing about it is the picture makes me look fat. :D

Salem

query-impaired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Aww! Too bad it makes you look fat! I was going to suggest using the picture for the front of your Chrismas cards! My husband just got some similar pictures and that's what he plans on doing with his.

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
I sure hope I get more of those cute "traffic camera" Christmas cards this year. That way, when I get an actual ticket, I can cut out the one from the card and write DMV back with a terse: "Look, you folks have the wrong guy again! Send the ticket to THIS scoundrel in the picture!"

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
We grew up saying "Doi" - DOH is more Homer Simpson current:D
Hmm.I never heard of doi. I've been saying doh decades before there was a Homer Simpson.

Oh, wait, I do recall this horrible Robbie Benson movie where he was baby sitting a monky and I think the mob was trying to get it and to call it, Robbie kept saying, "doi doi doi doi doi doi doi."