PDA

View Full Version : The weekend's almost here. Whatcha all gonna do for fun?

Susie
11-16-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm always interested.:) Please discuss.

Voyager
11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm doing something really exciting and different. I'm almost done with the last edit of my current WIP, so I'm going to write! YAYYY. I've missed being in creative mode so much, I miss muses nudging me awake in the middle of the night. I miss not being able to go anywhere, even to the bathroom, without a note pad and pen. I don't know if I'll ever be able to edit and be creative at the same time, my brain just does not multi-task that way. So I'm very excited. Hooray for the creative process :hooray:

Sean D. Schaffer
11-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Hopefully I will be writing, and possibly being on the 'Net, although I have a rule now that I can only be on this forum for an hour at a time. I'll find out how well that works probably come Saturday. :rolleyes:

BTW, hello to all of you for the first time in a couple months ... although I've posted a few times tonight already.

:)

mscelina
11-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Work. No more, no less. Just work.

Dawno
11-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Get ready for my daughter's visit (she'll be 20 on the 20th!) and Thanksgiving. Major cleaning to be done - I've been neglecting the housework shamefully.

JoNightshade
11-16-2007, 09:14 AM
I intend to see BEOWULF! Hoo-ah! And other appropriate manly exclamations!

And I tell you, it better be good. If it's not, I'll be having second thoughts about using the name for our potential son. And I will be seriously pissed.

JJ Cooper
11-16-2007, 09:41 AM
My wife is taking me out to dinner and a movie tomorrow night (Sat) to celebrate the completion of my first book. The boys are off to a friends house so we get a whole night to ourselves. I think we are going to see a movie called 'Death at a Funeral'. Brit comedy I think.

JJ

Fingers
11-16-2007, 12:10 PM
There was supposed to be an AW meeting of the oregon folks this weekend but it looks like most of the people who were involved have other plans. There is some kind of writers convention in portland this weekend but since im not a writer im not going to it but I know some AW folks are. I will probably spend the time playing some online poker and hopefully winning some more money.

yer pal Brian

Mjollnir13
11-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Sat...xmas shopping, watch the Blackhawks, write.
Sun...write, watch the Bears, write.

Can't wait!

Backward Masking
11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Work.

maestrowork
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Beowulf IMAX 3D.

wyntermoon
11-16-2007, 06:42 PM
NaNo write-in on Saturday and installing insulation in the attic on Sunday.

Feel the love.

KTC
11-16-2007, 06:45 PM
My son has a game AND a practice! Can't wait. Hockey, hockey, hockey.

ETA: the third hockey up there was for HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA, of course.

jenngreenleaf
11-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Tonight: work. Blah.
Saturday: my boyfriend's sister is getting married, so we'll all be over there. Yay!
Sunday: work. Blah.

Oh yeah, and homework will be sprinkled throughout the weekend as well. Along with brownies and hot chocolate. :)

Maryn
11-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Our daughter moved into her own place last summer, so we've got a room to spread into. The plan this weekend is to get started with painting (it'll take at least two coats to cover the intense blue she liked) and bring computer cable into the room through the attic.

However, some very hard-to-get concert tickets go on sale Saturday morning, so we've got some line-standing to do, too.

Maryn, who, if she's half-way smart, will move some furniture out of the way today

DamaNegra
11-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Today is my last day of classes :) So I'm going out to celebrate. I'll have Sat, Sun and Mon off, and then finals start on Tuesday, so I'll write and read. Just write and read. *drools*

Adam Israel
11-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Locking myself in the house and writing until my Nano is caught up.

truelyana
11-16-2007, 07:00 PM
"Shiny happy people holding, Shiny happy people laughing lalalallalalalaal" :D

At the moment, I'm rocking to R.E.M

No plans for anything, not much of a planner. More of a wait and see what happens kind of person.

*Throws daisies in the air* :D

truelyana
11-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Locking myself in the house and writing until my Nano is caught up.

Does that make you feel better?

truelyana
11-16-2007, 07:02 PM
NaNo write-in on Saturday and installing insulation in the attic on Sunday.

Feel the love.

I definetly feel it. :D:e2bouncey

What kind of insulation are you applying ?

Susie
11-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey, all, very interesting plans y'all! Let's hear from even more great friends here!

reigningcatsndogs
11-16-2007, 08:44 PM
cutting firewood -- hopefully for only an hour or two to get it all done,
and then lots of cleaning -- maybe a bit of rearranging as well, and I may take the grubs to a movie -- if they'll still go to a movie with me (it was so much easier when they were little and wanted Mom along. I may have to rent some smaller kids so i have someone to take to the fun movies.)

acharity
11-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Game night at a friend's! Woot! With food >.> Booyah!

sunna
11-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Tonight: my husband's getting home after a 2 week trip, so...anyway. :D
Tomorrow: write
Saturday night: go bar hopping with friends (I hope)
Sunday: write
Sunday night: write

I have a very exciting life, no? :)

Shadow_Ferret
11-16-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm going on a hiking trip with a bunch of unruly, obnoxious Cub Scouts, my own included.

AmyDoodle
11-16-2007, 10:46 PM
IWhat kind of insulation are you applying ?
Two pounds of chocolate around midthigh. (Sorry Wynter, couldn't resist.)

Hubby's taken an extra job for Christmas, but he's off on Saturday, so hopefully there'll be a lot of eating out and some serious Snugglebunnies that day.

scarletpeaches
11-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Well I don't like going out when I have work the next day, so this weekend I'll be staying in. I went out for cocktails earlier in the week with a girlfriend and a gay friend - god, look at me being so trendy - cocktails with a gay!!! :D

*ahem*

So it's a plate of biscuits and my new book for me tonight, but on Sunday (my next day off) I'll be writing some letters and I have an assignment to finish, so work work work, even when I'm back home.

Meerkat
11-16-2007, 10:57 PM
A typical weekend for moi: Carefully trim the printouts from those of you who have avatars, and paste them to the tops of those headless/breathless illustrations on romance novel covers.

scarletpeaches
11-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Who are you partnering the blonde scarletpeaches with today, Meerkat? :D

Hillary
11-16-2007, 11:05 PM
My roommate is turning 24 this weekend, and she just got dumped 5 days ago... So I'm thinking this weekend will involve me forcing her out of the house and to a bar so she doesn't stalk her ex under the pretense of "He said we could be friends!"

I'm not kidding about that. She's called him several times already this week. She wants to spend her birthday with him as "friends."

*handface*

scarletpeaches
11-16-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't get women like that. If someone dumps me, I blank them. This often pisses them off and brings them back, which is not my intent, but...if something's over, let it be over.

I've often had the "Can we still be friends?" speech, and I always reply, "No. I already have friends. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out."

dolores haze
11-16-2007, 11:09 PM
My hubby gets back tonight from a weeklong business trip. I'll be spending the weekend showing him how much I missed him.

Meerkat
11-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Who are you partnering the blonde scarletpeaches with today, Meerkat? :D

I think you'd be partially pleased....a swashbuckling ne'er-do-well with the torn open shirt of a glistening set of ripped muscles, and the crudely pasted head of a vaguely familiar rodent...

Nice bodice on your half of the illustration, by the way!

scarletpeaches
11-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks. 34b at the last-

Oh.

WendyNYC
11-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm going to one daughter's swim meet and then taking the other daughter to basketball practice. Whoop-di-do.

Maybe, maybe we will go out to dinner if my sitter comes through. It's looking iffy.

BenPanced
11-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Moving back into our apartment. <sarcasm>My loins are aquiver with excitement.</sarcasm>

They have to repair a gash in the wall near the kitchen (which wasn't there when we moved out!) and install the correct baseboard on Monday; the stuff they got wasn't wide enough, so we can move in but we need to keep stuff away from the walls until Monday evening.

This'll all be over soon, right? :flag:

cray
11-17-2007, 12:24 AM
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1779345&postcount=13437

Haggis
11-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Watching Michigan beat Ohio State on Saturday, then celebrating. Or, if that doesn't work out as planned, I'll be gouging my eyes out with a spork. Then, at midnight on Saturday, someone from AW is going to kill me.

In other words, pretty typical weekend for me

maxmordon
11-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Hoping to go to an local Anime convention with some friends

mscelina
11-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Watching Michigan beat Ohio State on Saturday, then celebrating. Or, if that doesn't work out as planned, I'll be gouging my eyes out with a spork. Then, at midnight on Saturday, someone from AW is going to kill me.

In other words, pretty typical weekend for me

That's odd. I'll be watching Ohio State beat Michigan. Do you live in some sort of fantasy world alternate universe or something?

:D

*oh, yes! let the smack talking begin*

mscelina
11-17-2007, 12:52 AM
I forgot Then on SUNDAY I'll be LAUGHING at Haggis.

*snerk*

Haggis
11-17-2007, 12:56 AM
That's odd. I'll be watching Ohio State beat Michigan. Do you live in some sort of fantasy world alternate universe or something?

*oh, yes! let the smack talking begin*

Oh, yeah, missy? Well, why don't you go start your own smackdown thread on it? :e2teeth:

Shadow_Ferret
11-17-2007, 01:03 AM
"No. I already have friends. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out."

You have a certain quota of how many friends you can have?

mscelina
11-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh, yeah, missy? Well, why don't you go start your own smackdown thread on it? :e2teeth:

You asked for it, milk-bone. :D

Carole
11-17-2007, 01:31 AM
This weekend? This weekend we're moving into the new house!! Finally!!

Haggis
11-17-2007, 01:42 AM
This weekend? This weekend we're moving into the new house!! Finally!!

Did you pass the inspection?

zahra
11-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Will be (have been) at work for most of it, but on Sunday, am invited to a cast-and-crew screening of Jude Law's new film, 'Sleuth'! (And no, am neither cast nor crew, unf.) Wonder if he needs a new nanny...?

BenPanced
11-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Well. Well, well.

Looks like we're going to be moving back on Tuesday, after all. The carpet isn't even completely tacked down and it'd be pointless to load our heavy stuff on top of it since it's not finished.

So what will I be doing this weekend, instead? NANOWRIMO!

Chumplet
11-17-2007, 07:28 AM
A typical weekend for moi: Carefully trim the printouts from those of you who have avatars, and paste them to the tops of those headless/breathless illustrations on romance novel covers.

Can you imagine Edith Prickley's face on a buxom body? Ack!

I'll be in our local Santa Claus Parade tomorrow morning, then it's picking up my daughter and shopping for jeans in the afternoon. Then I gotta wash that grey right outta my hair.

Sage
11-17-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm going to get a massage, not work, and write like crazy.

BenPanced
11-17-2007, 10:23 AM

Can you imagine Edith Prickley's face on a buxom body? Ack!

I'll be in our local Santa Claus Parade tomorrow morning, then it's picking up my daughter and shopping for jeans in the afternoon. Then I gotta wash that grey right outta my hair.

Imagine <---this face wooing Edith Prickley. :e2flowers

kristie911
11-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm working all weekend. Lucky f-ing me.

Sean D. Schaffer
11-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm probably going to be writing my second draft of Tannin tomorrow, and on Sunday I'll be off at Church for the morning. What I do in the afternoon and evening Sunday, is still a mystery to me. Likely I'll be playing (and hurting my wrists -- ouch!) on the Internet for entertainment while I try to figure out what's wrong with the console I got from one of my neighbors. I think it's the amplifier, but I'm not certain of it.

At least I have my other stereo to play records, tapes, and radio with. I am looking forward, though, to getting a CD player for it.

Otherwise, I should be doing my usual stuff this weekend. Hurting because of posture at the computer and drinking coffee all weekend.

Mmmm, coffee...

:e2coffee:

benbradley
11-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I just got back from a monthly musical "jam night" that I've been going to semiregularly for a ten years or so.

Saturday (later today) I'm going to a big writer's group in a big city (heck, it's named after a big city, but it meets in the suburbs, but I'm far enough away that the drive wouldn't be much more if it were IN the city) for the first time. I presume they'll have other writers there. I'm really afraid every member there is going to whip me with a wet noodle if they knew I've written less than 1,000 words in my nano novel. Oh, the shame...

benbradley
11-17-2007, 11:05 AM
You have a certain quota of how many friends you can have?
I didn't read it that way. I read the whole thread and understand that the quota is specifically on "friends who are ex-lovers."

Carole
11-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Did you pass the inspection?
We DID!!! I posted it on the thread I had going about the "shameless plea for good wishes", but it was buried pretty quick.

Ya know, it's kinda hard to carry boxes down three flights of stairs while you're doing the happy dance. :D

JJ Cooper
11-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Just got back from a movie to celebrate me finishing my first book. We watched 'Death at a Funeral'. One of the funniest movies I have seen (from the makers of 'Bowfinger'). I laughed so hard it hurt. Sadly, tomorrow I have to prune the hedges.

JJ

Melisande
11-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Friday I wrote, and submitted, my short story for the AW Pagan Forum Yule writing contest.
Today, Sturday, my Beloved Hubby and I are putting together a gift basket for Thanksgiving for a needy family. We give to the VFW, who in turn gift it to the local Police who will know which family to present it to. Then it's time yo shop for a toy, because on Sunday there is a Biker benefit run, called Toys For Tots. It's cool, you pay to participate and bring a toy and all the money and toys goes to children in need. Usually it ends up being a huge biker BBQ at the end of the day. Liver beware!!!

Sean D. Schaffer
11-17-2007, 07:24 PM
One thing I'm doing this weekend that I've never done before, is NaNoWriMo. I just started last night, so I have quite a task ahead of me. But still, the challenge of having a deadline will likely prove very beneficial for me and my writing both.

I'm already two chapters in, and hoping that my little widget actually updates before long (I guess they have a pretty busy site).

I got up about an hour ago, and I'm listening to an LP, With The Beatles, an album that was originally published in 1963. The copy I have, though, is a re-release of the album that was much more recent (I bought the LP brand-new about six months ago).

Finally, like I said I would be doing in an earlier post, I'm drinking lots of coffee. Yum!

:e2coffee:

nerds
11-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Working on curing the first hangover I've had in centuries. Far too much birthday beer . . . ow, ow, ow. I think my computer screen is stabbing my eyes. Really. With thousands of tiny knives. Or knitting needles or something. Am I spelling correctly? No shouting, plz, noooooooo.

Weekend. Yes, will attempt to have one. I think I'm supposed to go hiking today. Then Sunday is WIP work all day. Ow.

zahra
11-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Working on curing the first hangover I've had in centuries. Far too much birthday beer . . . ow, ow, ow. I think my computer screen is stabbing my eyes. Really. With thousands of tiny knives. Or knitting needles or something. Am I spelling correctly? No shouting, plz, noooooooo.

Weekend. Yes, will attempt to have one. I think I'm supposed to go hiking today. Then Sunday is WIP work all day. Ow.
HELLO NERDS!!!!
OOPS, SORRY!:D:D:D

BenPanced
11-18-2007, 05:22 AM

:e2poke: Hey, nerds. Hey. nerds. :e2poke: You okay, nerds? nerds? :e2poke: You okay? nerds. nerds. :e2poke: nerds. Hey, :e2poke:nerds. You okay? :e2poke: Hey. nerds.:e2poke: nerds? Hey? nerds. nerds. nerds. nerds. Hey. :e2poke: Hey. :e2poke: Hey. nerds.:e2poke: nerds, hey.:e2poke:

Sean D. Schaffer
11-18-2007, 05:28 AM
I'm having a better weekend than I was earlier today. Listening to the Dragonheart soundtrack on cassette, and am about to put on the word processor and try for Chapter 5 of my NaNo project.

I hope I can keep the momentum going through the next two weeks. 3,580 words so far is not bad for less than 24 hours of writing ... for me, anyway. But still, with only half the month to actually write 50,000 words, I certainly have a major challenge ahead of me.

I need a challenge like this more often.

lfraser
11-18-2007, 06:00 AM
I'm spending the weekend writing through my increasing anxiety about next week's appointment with a haemotologist. Worry seems to have focused my writing, even if it is difficult to use this tiny little laptop keyboard with hurting fingers.

mscelina
11-18-2007, 06:07 AM
I'm going to spend tomorrow laughing at Haggis.

*hail to the losers*

Silver King
11-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Working on curing the first hangover I've had in centuries...
The best cure is to drink more alcohol. Seriously. Hair of the dog and all that. It's the way serious alcoholics deal with the pain, which leads to more drinking, of course, and more and more drinking...

Maybe that's not the best advice I can impart, but it works for me! ;)

writerterri
11-18-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm going to stalk Ray.

nerds
11-18-2007, 08:12 AM
:e2poke: Hey, nerds. Hey. nerds. :e2poke: You okay, nerds? nerds? :e2poke: You okay? nerds. nerds. :e2poke: nerds. Hey, :e2poke:nerds. You okay? :e2poke: Hey. nerds.:e2poke: nerds? Hey? nerds. nerds. nerds. nerds. Hey. :e2poke: Hey. :e2poke: Hey. nerds.:e2poke: nerds, hey.:e2poke:

ROFL. That is truly a divine cruelty. It's a good thing I got all absorbed in the Men thread and didn't see any of this this morning.

Silver King, yes, hair of the dog, it is the best and only thing. But, even though I knew better, I started with coffee, which only made the eye-stabbing knives gather new venom. Next I had cold leftover pizza from last night, which did soak some fumes up. *blurp* THEN I had ONE hair off the damn dog. And so, recovery commenced, at which time I remembered the truck full of caskets. That's in another thread. I'd hoped they hadn't been real, but they were, and I shall consider them a positive omen, as I have been advised by AW peeps who know about these things. Then I made sure my friends had made it home from my house okay last night. They were on foot, and they only had to go about 1000 feet. But still.

And so, I sally forth now, into a new age. Literally. I am grateful for all the helpful hangover reps and posts, even the sadistic ones.

Sean D. Schaffer
11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
No more LPs or tapes for me. Just radio and CDs now, but not by choice.

I got the bright idea of 'fixing' the amplifier on my console, and in the process broke my other stereo (long story). So now I have a console without any sound -- although everything else seems to work -- and another stereo that is in pieces, that cannot be put back together.

This is going to be one hard remainder of the weekend, without my favorite tunes. Grrrr!

Haggis
11-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm going to spend tomorrow laughing at Haggis.

*hail to the losers*

I'll be opening a vein.

Melisande
11-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Thought I'd fill you in on the biker run.

More than 1.100 bikes. They raised well over 20.000 US dollars for children in need and a mountain of toys. My liver survived and my faith in humanity is (at least) temporarily restored.

PS
We bought toy electrical guitars. One black, one pink, 'cause it's all about rock and roll!