• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking African-American Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantem42

Registered
Reaction score
I am seeking African-American readers for my 80,000 WIP.

This is a paranormal historical thriller set in Civil War New Orleans. It pits the legendary voodoo queen Marie Laveau against the 19th Century's most notorious mass murderess, Delphine Lalaurie (both of these are actual historical figures).

Much of the theme of this novel centers around the history and experience of slavery extending from 18th-Century Haiti to 19th Century New Orleans. In addition, the novel is steeped in the practice of voodoo (not Hollywood Grade B stuff, but the real thing). I am specifically seeking African-American readers to make certain that this content feels authentic to them, and not excessively polemical or unrealistic.

Obviously other readers are welcome as well.

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
I am seeking African-American readers for my 80,000 WIP.

This is a paranormal historical thriller set in Civil War New Orleans. It pits the legendary voodoo queen Marie Laveau against the 19th Century's most notorious mass murderess, Delphine Lalaurie (both of these are actual historical figures).

Much of the theme of this novel centers around the history and experience of slavery extending from 18th-Century Haiti to 19th Century New Orleans. In addition, the novel is steeped in the practice of voodoo (not Hollywood Grade B stuff, but the real thing). I am specifically seeking African-American readers to make certain that this content feels authentic to them, and not excessively polemical or unrealistic.

Obviously other readers are welcome as well.

Dantem42,

I just joined and I'd really like to read your work. Are you still looking for a beta reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.