PDA

View Full Version : Too many Christmas parties! Argh!

III
11-15-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm obligated to go to 4 Christmas parties this year and host another one. Even without all the other craziness around Christmas, I'm already dreading this. FIVE parties! Oh, and my son's birthday party, so that'll make SIX. Even if I liked parties, this would be overload. Should I just fake an illness for the next month? Does anyone else think Christmas parties are out of control????

cray
11-15-2007, 11:41 PM
are you me?

JoNightshade
11-15-2007, 11:41 PM
That is quite a lot. Any chance you could tag-team it with your wife? She goes to a couple, you go to a couple? Handily enough my husband works long hours during the winter so he is able to excuse himself from my office party, which is a little too high-falutin for him anyway. Anyway that might make things a bit easier.

Of course I'm assuming you have a wife here. If you don't, well, sorry. :)

III
11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
are you me?

I'm having a real Fight Club moment here. Is your real name Tyler? It would actually explain alot about your mysterious persona . . .

Of course I'm assuming you have a wife here. If you don't, well, sorry. :)

Unfortunately my wife actually likes parties. If I weren't married I'd be totally anit-social (instead of just reluctantly social).

Shadow_Ferret
11-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Lucky you. I haven't been invited to any.

Siddow
11-15-2007, 11:54 PM
What is this 'obligation' you speak of?

JoNightshade
11-15-2007, 11:54 PM
So maybe you can swap out with Shadow_Ferret for a night or two? ;)

III
11-15-2007, 11:56 PM
I'll pay for your airfare, Shadow!

maestrowork
11-15-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm obligated to go to 4 Christmas parties this year and host another one. Even without all the other craziness around Christmas, I'm already dreading this. FIVE parties! Oh, and my son's birthday party, so that'll make SIX. Even if I liked parties, this would be overload. Should I just fake an illness for the next month? Does anyone else think Christmas parties are out of control????

boo hoo hoo.

are you me?

boo hoo hoo.

maestrowork
11-16-2007, 12:01 AM
I host a Xmas party every year and it's usually a huge smash. But this year I won't be hosting any. I'm exhausted, plus it's more fun going to parties, plus I have travel plans for the holidays. I'll be gone on December 21 anyway.

III
11-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I host a Xmas party every year and it's usually a huge smash. But this year I won't be hosting any. I'm exhausted, plus it's more fun going to parties, plus I have travel plans for the holidays. I'll be gone on December 21 anyway.

boo hoo hoo

cray
11-16-2007, 12:14 AM
boo hoo hoo.

*new task in outlook: have goons rough up ray at the airport on dec. 21*

Sailor Kenshin
11-16-2007, 12:15 AM

I'll be glad to take some off your hands.

cray
11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
*new task for tomorrow: call thunder and haggis to check availability on dec. 21*

maestrowork
11-16-2007, 12:24 AM
* new task for tomorrow: order coal for cray *

RLB
11-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Just move. It's easy when you don't know anyone in the area. That said, we'll be traveling on weekends to make an appearance at at least two of our regular parties. But having the out of town excuse is handy for others.

rhymegirl
11-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Should I just fake an illness for the next month?
Yes

Does anyone else think Christmas parties are out of control????
Yes, well in your case.

In my case, no.
I'm self-employed, and I'm not throwing any parties for myself.

My husband's company doesn't usually hold a holiday party. No party there.

And I go to my sister's house on Christmas Eve and let her do all the work. No party there either.

Hope this helps.

cray
12-12-2007, 06:41 PM
tonight, it begins.
arrrgh.

III
12-12-2007, 06:44 PM
tonight, it begins.
arrrgh.

I've got 2 down and 2 this weekend, 1 of which we're hosting, then my son's birthday party on Sunday. Then FREEDOM! Until next week when we have to drive to Oklahoma for Christmas ... then Freedom!!! Remember, I'm always there with you, buddy.

CaroGirl
12-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Just say no?

cray
12-12-2007, 06:46 PM
!!! Remember, I'm always there with you, buddy.

i know.
at first it was creepy but i think i'm getting used to it.

III
12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Good. You're almost ready for the chemical burn kiss then.

cray
12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
:roll:

dork.

Unique
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM

I haven't been to one in so long I've forgotten what they're like.

But I'm not complaining and no, I'm not a suitable sub for you, III.

rhymegirl
12-12-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm insulted. You forgot to mention my Christmas party.

III
12-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm insulted. You forgot to mention my Christmas party.

Are you hosting a virtual AW Christmas party? Cuz I might be able to squeeze that in.

Bmwhtly
12-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I only have one. But it's the work's one.
Based on past experience, that means that it'll start at noon with a nice lunch and end at midnight when the pubs shut.
12 hours of being nice to people? I'm not sure I can do that.

rhymegirl
12-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Are you hosting a virtual AW Christmas party? Cuz I might be able to squeeze that in.

Yes, that's exactly right! Just haven't decided when yet.

Sailor Kenshin
12-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Had the first one last night. The next two, this weekend. Another one the week after.

Iz all gud. (http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/Youwillfe128419323441646250.jpg)

cray
12-19-2007, 12:11 AM
iii and his wife were returning from a party last evening. as they was driving home, she asked her husband, "honey, has anyone ever told you how handsome, sexy and irresistible to women you are?"

totally flattered, iii replied, "no, dear they haven't."

at that point she yelled, "then what the heck gave you that idea at the party tonight?"
:D

scarletpeaches
12-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Just become as misanthropic as me. Then no-one will love you.

Oh, wait...

III
12-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Christmas parties are officially over! Woo Hoo! Christmas will be a piece of cake if I can dig it out from all the other stuff.

truelyana
12-19-2007, 02:53 AM

Sounds wonderful, why not just turn up and enjoy yourself?

I've never been to one myself, but would be delighted in just arriving.