Too many Christmas parties! Argh!

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I'm obligated to go to 4 Christmas parties this year and host another one. Even without all the other craziness around Christmas, I'm already dreading this. FIVE parties! Oh, and my son's birthday party, so that'll make SIX. Even if I liked parties, this would be overload. Should I just fake an illness for the next month? Does anyone else think Christmas parties are out of control????

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
That is quite a lot. Any chance you could tag-team it with your wife? She goes to a couple, you go to a couple? Handily enough my husband works long hours during the winter so he is able to excuse himself from my office party, which is a little too high-falutin for him anyway. Anyway that might make things a bit easier.

Of course I'm assuming you have a wife here. If you don't, well, sorry. :)

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
are you me?

I'm having a real Fight Club moment here. Is your real name Tyler? It would actually explain alot about your mysterious persona . . .

Of course I'm assuming you have a wife here. If you don't, well, sorry. :)

Unfortunately my wife actually likes parties. If I weren't married I'd be totally anit-social (instead of just reluctantly social).

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
What is this 'obligation' you speak of?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'm obligated to go to 4 Christmas parties this year and host another one. Even without all the other craziness around Christmas, I'm already dreading this. FIVE parties! Oh, and my son's birthday party, so that'll make SIX. Even if I liked parties, this would be overload. Should I just fake an illness for the next month? Does anyone else think Christmas parties are out of control????

boo hoo hoo.

are you me?

boo hoo hoo.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I host a Xmas party every year and it's usually a huge smash. But this year I won't be hosting any. I'm exhausted, plus it's more fun going to parties, plus I have travel plans for the holidays. I'll be gone on December 21 anyway.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I host a Xmas party every year and it's usually a huge smash. But this year I won't be hosting any. I'm exhausted, plus it's more fun going to parties, plus I have travel plans for the holidays. I'll be gone on December 21 anyway.

boo hoo hoo

Sailor Kenshin

I am too on MSN IM! :(
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jaganshikenshin.livejournal.com

I'll be glad to take some off your hands.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
*new task for tomorrow: call thunder and haggis to check availability on dec. 21*

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Just move. It's easy when you don't know anyone in the area. That said, we'll be traveling on weekends to make an appearance at at least two of our regular parties. But having the out of town excuse is handy for others.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Should I just fake an illness for the next month?
Yes
Does anyone else think Christmas parties are out of control????
Yes, well in your case.

In my case, no.
I'm self-employed, and I'm not throwing any parties for myself.

My husband's company doesn't usually hold a holiday party. No party there.

And I go to my sister's house on Christmas Eve and let her do all the work. No party there either.

Hope this helps.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
tonight, it begins.
arrrgh.

I've got 2 down and 2 this weekend, 1 of which we're hosting, then my son's birthday party on Sunday. Then FREEDOM! Until next week when we have to drive to Oklahoma for Christmas ... then Freedom!!! Remember, I'm always there with you, buddy.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I haven't been to one in so long I've forgotten what they're like.

But I'm not complaining and no, I'm not a suitable sub for you, III.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I'm insulted. You forgot to mention my Christmas party.