Literary Critter

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
This is really a tad weird. Exactly what is Cheeta intending to reveal about his past? Although, this could be a beacon of hope for those of us here who aren't published yet. If he can get a deal . . . we can, too ??? I wonder who his agent is. And where they go to lunch. Cheeta must have written a kick-ass query letter.

Swingin' Memoir

FORGET Lance Bass. A deal was just signed for an even hotter celebrity memoir: Cheeta's. Tarzan and Jane's chimp sidekick, now 75 and officially the world's oldest chimp, inked a deal with publisher Ecco, which will have "Cheeta: My Story" out next fall. The ghostwriter is anonymous. Ecco chief Dan Halpern said, "Tarzan and Jane's best friend still loves the ladies - in 2006, he was seen canoodling with legendary chimpologist Jane Goodall. Cheeta, who's been known to watch his old movies with his grandson, promises to dish on his career (and the likes of Errol Flynn), as Hollywood's most famous swinger."

from today's Page Six
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11152007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix_u.htm

Last edited:

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
It's from The New York Post; and Ecco, which I thought was a bakeware company, is an imprint of HarperCollins. I thought either the Post was having us on or they'd been had.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
And the descendants/estate of Lassie . . .

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
this is great. a good sign for the 100K word autobiography of my cat i've ghostwritten, blinky unto death. betas?

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
this is great. a good sign for the 100K word autobiography of my cat i've ghostwritten, blinky unto death. betas?

My cats will read that. When's it coming out?

----------

It's a little-known fact that King Kong left dozens of children behind. Word is his estate is Not Happy about this Cheeta deal. I keep wondering about where Cheeta and his agent go to lunch. Some fancy Manhattan place with lots of greenery, probably.