You can bring only one book with you...

Righting

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chapteread.com
You can bring only one book with you, when the evil forces of the koob emperor comes, which one is it?

note: koob = book backwards :ROFL:

and i choose: Nightmares and Dreamscapes- SK

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
My half finished (quarter finished) novel and a ream of paper...and a pen.
Maybe then I would get some work done, heh.

Otherwise, Valley of the Horses, by Jean Auel. One of the few books I can stand rereading, and maybe I can learn something about self survival. lol.

Wraith

The demon in your inkwell.
Registered
Reaction score
I would die. Unless I was allowed to bind a few of my favourite books into one great thousand page tome. :D Maybe I could get away with that.

Besides, it depends on my mood. It might be The name of the Rose or The Master and Margaret or The Steppenwolf or The Neverending Story all depending on what I feel like in that moment in time.

Oops, sorry, that seems a bit off the point of your thread. Ahem...one of the above. Can't decide. What do you mean, the Koob emperor is on my doorstep already?

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, too easy...my NIV Thompson Chain Reference Bible. And reams of notebook paper and my favorite mechanical pencils.

Anonymisty

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mistymassey.com
The Anubis Gates

But if the invaders were coming, I'd probably have had a little advance notice, in which case I'd have taken all my Tim Powers books and duct-taped them into a huge omnibus. See? One book! Really!

;D

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
A blank one. Can't write in a book that's already covered with words. :D

For entertainment, I could just replay all the hojillion books I've read already in my head.

But if you forced me to choose, I would say "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Overthrowing Evil Emperors", so I could get back to my books...

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Unable and unwilling to make such a choice, I would have to stand and die at the evil Koob Emperor's hands.

Unless the Emperor had no clothes, at which point I could point that out to him, he'd run away in devastated chagrin, and I could keep all my books.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Probably either A Fine Balance or Life of Pi. Those novels, imo, of course, have bang for buck.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Good Omens, Pratchett and Gaiman. I spent too much time in geekdom annotating my version to let those dastardly Koob lords get to it!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'd likely bring whatever book I happened to be reading at the time. And a gun with one bullet against the probability that the last book I ever read would suck.

My favorites are with me in my head always.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
This may come as a surprise: The Bible. I'm not religious or anything, but I think that would a great book to have if it's the only book. It has great stories, politics, philosophies, good vs. evil, everything.

Besides, when the evil Koob Emperor comes I can just smite him with the Bible.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Something long and dense, with many different characters and subplots, so I could read it several times and get something new out of it. Crime and Punishment maybe? Or War and Peace. Or yeah, like maestro said, maybe the Bible.

Alvah

Life is what you make of it.
Registered
Reaction score
It depends on where I have to go. In general, I would take my prayer book.
But if I had to go live in the forest, I would take a survival book, maybe one by Tom Brown.