IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
My husband and I are now officially correspondents with Reach the World!!!! Reach the World is a non-profit organization with the mission of bringing the world to inner-city kids. They have correspondents traveling the world maintaining interactive websites for hte kids to utilize in their classrooms. All of their correspondents to date have traveled via boat, but we will be on bikes. We will take off in June to bike from Alaska to Argentina - and will be teaching kids in NYC as we go!!! YIPPEE!!!! YEEHAW!!!!!

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Alaska to Argentina?? Oh my God! That's incredible! Congratulations!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That sounds absolutely incredible! Wow! Congrats! Amazing things you will see and do. And good on ya for doing them. Enjoy!

writingmom

Happy To Be !
Registered
Reaction score
You Can Make A Difference !!!

Wow - way to go !!! Hope you will have access to a P.C, from where you are. Blesings and Peace :)

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
How does one go about becoming a RTW correspondent?

Honestly - I have no idea!! We were looking at setting ou our own site and trying to round up schools to follow along with us. In trying to do that, I sent out letters to anybody and EVERYBODY I could find that might be able to help. I searched for non-profit educational organizations and asked if they had any ideas how to go about doing that. Somehow through that whole process, RTW wrote and said they were interested. I suspect that they wanted us because both me and my husband are teachers, because we have the kids so other kids will be more interested, and we are not sailing. But I really don't know!

Thanks to all of you for the congrats!! Now we just have to keep plodding along getting all this preparations done!

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
I am envious and excited at the same time. That's an opportunity of a lifetime. I hope you all make the best of it, Nancy! Do keep us posted, please. :D

Sury

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Great new and what a wonderful thing to be able to do. I wish you all the very best...God bless!

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congrats!!

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Nancy! Best wishes to you and your family on your bicycle ride.

:)

And with the job.

:Thumbs: