PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Soup...WooHoo!!

awatkins
02-25-2005, 03:04 AM
Well, there I was, quietly having a nervous breakdown in front of the keyboard because of a surprise request for a hurry-up parrot nutrition piece, when the phone rang. It was somebody from Chicken Soup for the Soul--to make a long story short, I have something in the upcoming Dog Lover's book! :)

This is cool. My second Chicken Soup book sale this year; the other is Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrates Grandmothers. The grandmothers book should be out next month, I think.

I'll post more details about the dog book when I have them. Now back to Vitamin A deficiencies in parrots....

whoopeeeee!

Rose
02-25-2005, 03:06 AM
FANTASTIC!!! HURRAY!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Anne, that is just tremendous news! I can't wait to read your story. Super doooper congratulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaations!

awatkins
02-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Oh, thank you, Rose! I'm pretty happy about it! :) The funny thing is, the call was to try to clear up an address problem. Somehow I got entered into their system under two different addresses and she needed to know where the Dog Lovers check should go! I LIKE goof-ups like that! Hehehe!!

Argghh...I'm supposed to be working. But, hey, watch me multi-task and post here at the same time!! ;)

TemlynWriting
02-25-2005, 04:48 AM
Congratulations Anne! You've inspired me! I really need to try submitting something to them. :)

awatkins
02-25-2005, 05:44 AM
Thank you so much, Julia! This was a nice surprise in a busy, headachy afternoon. :)

maestrowork
02-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Congrats! Chicken Soup is big time. Woo hoo!

Betty W01
02-25-2005, 06:57 AM
Anne, that is cool! I've been published in 7, going on 8, anthologies/collections, but God Allows U-Turns and Small miracles for Familes are the tow biggest name ones I've hit so far. I've got stuff on hold for several CS books and have even made it to the last cut, but never gone all the way yet. Whhho Whhooo!! You go, girl!!

paprikapink
02-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Congratulations, Anne! I love hob-nobbing with successfull writers. This place is so inspiring.

:Cheer:

-paprikapink

Reece10
02-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Congrats Anne on getting into Chicken Soup for Dogs.

I also have a story coming out in the grandmothers Soul and still have my fingers crossed for the cat lovers soul.

Also, well done on the piece accepted by Dog Nose News!

You're on a ROLL!!!!! - So, resubmit to a scrapbook market

Reece

veinglory
02-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Well done!

awatkins
02-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I also have a story coming out in the grandmothers Soul and still have my fingers crossed for the cat lovers soul. Reece

Hey, that's great! What's the name of your story? Mine is "Crinkles and Crow's Feet." I always get such a kick out of being in the same books with other writers I've met, even if only in cyberspace. I'll look for your story. :)

awatkins
02-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Oh, thank you Ray, Betty, Reece, Paprikapink and Vein! Your kind words mean so much to me. :Hug2:

Cate
02-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Quite simply;
You rock!

awatkins
02-25-2005, 08:20 PM
LOL! Thanks so much, Cate. :)

I don't think I've mentioned it, but I think your doggy is so pretty! Is he/she a black lab?

paprikapink
02-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Wait, wait, let me guess. That nose looks Weimarinarish too me?

-pkpk

lucyishome
02-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Congratulations Anne that is wonderful. I submitted a story to them as well but have not head anything. Even if it did not make the cut it sure was fun to write it.

Anne

awatkins
02-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Thank you so much, Anne! You guys are too nice. :)

pssst..."Did you feel kind of like you were talking to yourself?" Anne asked Anne. heehee!

arrowqueen
02-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Well done and congratulations.

:Clap:
aq

lucyishome
02-26-2005, 03:38 AM
Thank you so much, Anne! You guys are too nice. :)

pssst..."Did you feel kind of like you were talking to yourself?" Anne asked Anne. heehee!

Yes Anne it does feel that way sometimes especially when I saw the hee hee. I post those a lot.

Anne

JennaGlatzer
02-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Anne: CONGRATS! I :heart: CS books. What's your story about?

Cate
02-26-2005, 05:50 AM
My pup is a lab/hound/border collie mix. Thanks for the compliment. I love my pup--he is my pal!

awatkins
02-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Well done and congratulations.

:Clap:
aq

Thank you, AQ! :)

awatkins
02-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Anne: CONGRATS! I :heart: CS books. What's your story about?

I love the books, too! Never can get through one without tissues at some point.

My story in the dog book is about my little dog Taffy and my daughter Laura. They were always so jealous of each other that it was like some sort of sibling rivalry! Wouldn't have anything to do with each other. Then my niece was killed in a traffic accident and my daughter went into a terrible depression, withdrew completely, even stopped eating. Nothing I tried helped her. Then Taffy stepped in.

One day while my daughter lay on the couch, Taffy suddenly rushed in, jumped up beside her, and snuggled in like they were best friends. She whimpered, whined, and 'talked' to Laura for the longest time and you could almost physically feel the waves of love emanating from her. For the first time in weeks, my daugher smiled!

This happened nine years ago and Taffy and Laura are still best friends. When Laura needed an angel, Taffy stepped in and took care of things. What a wonderful little doggy. :)

Thanks for asking about the story, Jenna! :Hug2:

awatkins
02-26-2005, 08:32 PM
My pup is a lab/hound/border collie mix. Thanks for the compliment. I love my pup--he is my pal!

There's border collie in there somewhere?? LOL! Turned out to be a great combination of breeds. :)

JennaGlatzer
02-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Oh, Anne! That's a beautiful story!

jdkiggins
02-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Congratulations, Anne. What a beautiful story. Let us know when the book comes out. I love them.

Joanne

awatkins
02-27-2005, 04:14 AM
Thank you, Jenna and Joanne! It was one of those true life experiences that translated wonderfully into a story. :)

I think the Dog Lovers book is supposed to be out in August. Will post the date when I know for sure. Thanks for the support, everybody! :Hug2:

aka eraser
02-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Belated congrats Anne. :Thumbs:

awatkins
02-28-2005, 03:45 AM
Thank you kindly, Frank! :)

rich
03-01-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm a sucker for animal stories. Wish there were more good ones.

The signicance of the story is why you wrote it. Let's not forget that you wrote it in such a way that it was accepted.

Kudos.

awatkins
03-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Thank you for your comments, Rich! That story was born from a horribly painful experience, but the events that occurred afterward (between my daughter and our dog) helped heal things just a tiny little bit. Putting the story on paper helped even more. Writing is a catharsis for many things, isn't it?

Thanks again. :)

doxielover25
03-05-2005, 09:14 PM
I just found this thread and have to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT!!!

I was just contacted today by Chicken Soup (since my getting married...my email changed) and they told my husband I was a semi-finalist for the book Chicken Soup for the Girls Soul! He also said the lady was very excited and told him that my story was doing VERY WELL and everyone just loves it....So exciting! I also had a story in Chicken Soup for the Mother and Daughter Soul and I had one selected for Chicken Soup for the Friend's Soul but that book has been put on the back burner.

But I know how tough it is to crack and how tough it is to beat out ALL those other stories so CONGRATULATIONS again! That is so wonderful!

Big HUGS to you,

awatkins
03-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Thank you so much! This is the second Chicken Soup book for me this year. I have something in Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrates Grandmothers, too. :)

And, hey, huge congratulations to you, too!!! That's really cool. I love the Chicken Soup books so much, and being accepted into one is such a rush, isn't it?

I love your signature. So pretty! :)

sthrnwriter
03-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Congrats to those who are being published by Chicken soup for the soul. I've thought about submitting to them but just haven't had a story to send them yet. They haven't had a Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul yet have they? or has that one come and gone already? They have so many books out its hard to keep up now.

awatkins
03-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Oh, no! The submission deadline for Cat Lover's Soul has passed. :(

But you can check the Chicken Soup web site for other upcoming books. They post story call-outs there. If I see any more markets looking for animal stories, I'll be certain to post it here. Maybe we can find another market for your cat stories. :)

sthrnwriter
03-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Oh, no! The submission deadline for Cat Lover's Soul has passed. :(

But you can check the Chicken Soup web site for other upcoming books. They post story call-outs there. If I see any more markets looking for animal stories, I'll be certain to post it here. Maybe we can find another market for your cat stories. :)

Just my luck. I had a feeling that it had already came and gone. Oh well. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.