Chicken Soup...WooHoo!!

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Well, there I was, quietly having a nervous breakdown in front of the keyboard because of a surprise request for a hurry-up parrot nutrition piece, when the phone rang. It was somebody from Chicken Soup for the Soul--to make a long story short, I have something in the upcoming Dog Lover's book! :)

This is cool. My second Chicken Soup book sale this year; the other is Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrates Grandmothers. The grandmothers book should be out next month, I think.

I'll post more details about the dog book when I have them. Now back to Vitamin A deficiencies in parrots....

whoopeeeee!

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
FANTASTIC!!! HURRAY!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Anne, that is just tremendous news! I can't wait to read your story. Super doooper congratulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaations!

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Oh, thank you, Rose! I'm pretty happy about it! :) The funny thing is, the call was to try to clear up an address problem. Somehow I got entered into their system under two different addresses and she needed to know where the Dog Lovers check should go! I LIKE goof-ups like that! Hehehe!!

Argghh...I'm supposed to be working. But, hey, watch me multi-task and post here at the same time!! ;)

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anne, that is cool! I've been published in 7, going on 8, anthologies/collections, but God Allows U-Turns and Small miracles for Familes are the tow biggest name ones I've hit so far. I've got stuff on hold for several CS books and have even made it to the last cut, but never gone all the way yet. Whhho Whhooo!! You go, girl!!

Reece10

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Anne on getting into Chicken Soup for Dogs.

I also have a story coming out in the grandmothers Soul and still have my fingers crossed for the cat lovers soul.

Also, well done on the piece accepted by Dog Nose News!

You're on a ROLL!!!!! - So, resubmit to a scrapbook market

Reece

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Reece...

Reece10 said:
I also have a story coming out in the grandmothers Soul and still have my fingers crossed for the cat lovers soul. Reece

Hey, that's great! What's the name of your story? Mine is "Crinkles and Crow's Feet." I always get such a kick out of being in the same books with other writers I've met, even if only in cyberspace. I'll look for your story. :)

lucyishome

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Anne that is wonderful. I submitted a story to them as well but have not head anything. Even if it did not make the cut it sure was fun to write it.

Anne

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Thank you so much, Anne! You guys are too nice. :)

pssst..."Did you feel kind of like you were talking to yourself?" Anne asked Anne. heehee!

lucyishome

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
awatkins said:
Thank you so much, Anne! You guys are too nice. :)

pssst..."Did you feel kind of like you were talking to yourself?" Anne asked Anne. heehee!

Yes Anne it does feel that way sometimes especially when I saw the hee hee. I post those a lot.

Anne

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
Pup

My pup is a lab/hound/border collie mix. Thanks for the compliment. I love my pup--he is my pal!

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
JennaGlatzer said:
Anne: CONGRATS! I :heart: CS books. What's your story about?

I love the books, too! Never can get through one without tissues at some point.

My story in the dog book is about my little dog Taffy and my daughter Laura. They were always so jealous of each other that it was like some sort of sibling rivalry! Wouldn't have anything to do with each other. Then my niece was killed in a traffic accident and my daughter went into a terrible depression, withdrew completely, even stopped eating. Nothing I tried helped her. Then Taffy stepped in.

One day while my daughter lay on the couch, Taffy suddenly rushed in, jumped up beside her, and snuggled in like they were best friends. She whimpered, whined, and 'talked' to Laura for the longest time and you could almost physically feel the waves of love emanating from her. For the first time in weeks, my daugher smiled!

This happened nine years ago and Taffy and Laura are still best friends. When Laura needed an angel, Taffy stepped in and took care of things. What a wonderful little doggy. :)

Thanks for asking about the story, Jenna! :Hug2: