Genius or idiot?

Am I a genius or an idiot?

• Genius! We love ya!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Genius, good, you're finally thinking.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Idiot! We still love ya.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Idiot! *fishsmack*

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
I am either a complete genius or a complete idiot.

The sitch: My family's comin' up here for Thanksgiving. It's somewhere around an 8 hour drive.

Mickey D's is looking for volunteers for Thanksgiving.

We're one of two 24-hour stores in the area.

So.....I has an idea! :banana:

Since ma famille is probably either gonna be either:

1. Still on the road
  2. Tired
  3. Sleeping
  4. Listening to my stepgrandfather complain about how all the Mexicans in America got here illegally...

I think...

AH HA!

I shall volunteer for...

FIVE AM TO ONE PM!

Yes, it's totally, completely, absolutely brilliant!

Especially since I can't have caffeine.

You decide.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Do you get holiday pay?

If you do, then it's brillant. Actually, since your family sounds like mine...it's brillant all the way around. :)

Don't worry, I'm working Thanksgiving too...and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. :(

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
I don't.

I am also ride-dependent at the moment.

Shame I don't get much time to practice driving. SIGH.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Well then. I probably should have updated this thread. :p

I did not work at all on Thanksgiving. Or Black Friday.

Thank God my manager loves me.

The Evil One, as he's been called by my aunt (NO ONE except Grandma and the little ones tolerates this man), kept telling us about how the Mexicans are storming in and taking everything. Whatever. He also said that in my lifetime, they'll be running the world or something like that. I didn't really listen.

LOL. He also made a spectacle of the fact I'm 'atheist' (I don't believe in the Christian religion because of what people have made it to be)....Riiiight. Why should I believe 'everything happens for a reason' when I was born with hydrocephalus?

Anyhoo...

It was heck. Absolute and total heck.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Well then. I probably should have updated this thread. :p

I did not work at all on Thanksgiving. Or Black Friday.

Thank God my manager loves me.
This reponse leaves me a question: Did you not volunteer to work or did your manager say he had the shifts covered and didn't need you to work? Or is there another case I'm not thinking of?
The Evil One, as he's been called by my aunt (NO ONE except Grandma and the little ones tolerates this man), kept telling us about how the Mexicans are storming in and taking everything. Whatever.
If I wanted to "stir the puddin'" with a person like that I might ask "But what about the Muslims?" But that might be bad form - not a good idea to try to wind up somoene who's already wound up.
He also said that in my lifetime, they'll be running the world or something like that. I didn't really listen.

LOL. He also made a spectacle of the fact I'm 'atheist' (I don't believe in the Christian religion because of what people have made it to be)....Riiiight. Why should I believe 'everything happens for a reason' when I was born with hydrocephalus?

Anyhoo...

It was heck. Absolute and total heck.
And you're a girl? I'm a guy and I never had the testicular intestinal fortitude to say anything like that to my family. Who knows what they would have done - they might have called an exorcist, and they're Baptist!