NaNoQueMo

Serena Casey

User Titles Rock
Registered
Reaction score
Website
serenacasey.com
Well, since I made November my personal querying month, with a very modest goal of sending out just 5, I decided I'd better get started; the month's almost half gone. So a few minutes ago I hit "Send" on my first query - talk about SCARY! Took me 15 minutes to physically force myself to click that button. Whew.

I think I'm going to submit to Avalon too - seems like a good fit for my ms - but that means I have to write a synopsis (uh-oh!). Off to do some more reading on how to do it right.

ONWARD!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Right on! Keep going. 4 more to go. Congrats on hitting send!

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
So a few minutes ago I hit "Send" on my first query - talk about SCARY! Took me 15 minutes to physically force myself to click that button. Whew.
My trouble is usually that I keep on nitpicking every single word in my queries...sort of like I do with my short stories as I'm getting ready to send them off...

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on sending out! Great! Good luck with your subs, and keep querying!

Serena Casey

User Titles Rock
Registered
Reaction score
Website
serenacasey.com
I can't believe it ... I'm so proud, I've just become a writer ... I just got my first rejection!:hooray: Maybe I'm just weird, but I've been looking forward to that first "no." :)

queeny

Awesome

I have just done the same thing. Finished novel in Oct. Using November to query. The first rejection came in 6 hrs from Knight! I was jumping around the house like a crazed cheerleader. Made it all feel real after months of writing, wondering if the rest of the world wants to play with me! (Evidently Deirdre doesn't - but I'm still pluggin'away.)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
What is the first step in obtaining the emails and addresses of these query-ee's? How do you find them?

Serena Casey

User Titles Rock
Registered
Reaction score
Website
serenacasey.com
Jennifer, I would try agentquery.com or querytracker.net. In either one, you can enter your genre and it will return lists of agents with their contact information, links to their submission guidelines, etc. I am more familiar with querytracker, and I know it has links to various resources where you can check the agents' credentials before querying, and you also can keep track of who you queried and when, stuff like that.

queeny, I will be querying Knight Agency too. Glad to hear you got such a quick response. There is something exciting about that first rejection, isn't there? :)

Wraith

The demon in your inkwell.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! For hitting send and the first rejection and everything. Best of luck with the next 4 subs. And with the synopsis. I hate synopses.

:hooray: