A Thank-you to all Veterans...

rubarbb

Serenity
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to thank all my brothers-(and sisters) in-arms that have, or are now serving in the military on this Veterans Day...Thank-you all... And a special prayer for all of our fallen heroes. Ken U.S. Navy 1962-1966 (CT3)

Last edited:

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I would like to offer our thanks as well. We are both prior Army. Hooah. To all the deployed, stay strong and stay safe.

John Paton

carn the mighty hawks !!
Registered
Reaction score
the sporting capital of the world. Oh! That's Melb
let's keep ALL people in harm's way safe.

They have undertaken a significant sacrifice. 2 Australian soldiers killed recently - may they RIP. In Australia we have Returned Services League Clubs or RSL clubs. Anyone can join as you do not need to be a serviceman. Every night in every club in the land this is said in total silence.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

We will remember them.

Laurence Binyon wrote the original elegy entitled "For the Fallen" It is worth reading.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
This will probably cause this thread to get moved to the political forum, but:

President George W. Bush could not see fit to be in D.C. today to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. He was in Waco, Texas, jest up the road from his Crawford rainch, where he spoke at an American Legion post about the sacrifices Texas veterans have made.

I can't remember a single year in which the President of the United States did not perform this honored ceremony. Not once. Not Eisenhower, not Kennedy, not Johnson, not Nixon, not Ford, not Carter, not Reagan, not Dubya's daddy, not Clinton. Not one, not ever.

"Mission Accomplished".

caw