PDA

View Full Version : Correction- Annoying newbie should post here!

WildBill
11-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Heh. I put this in the wrong place the first time. I told y'all I was an annoying newbie.

Anywho, before I spend the next 24 months frantically finishing this silly project of mine, I thought it might be wise to let some folks read what I've got so far. There's a good chance that I can avoid the midnight writing vigils with some well placed 'dude, don't quit the day job' advice from folks who don't give a rats about me or my work.

I'll spot the first six chapters of book one in the series mentioned in this thread (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83307) to anyone that is willing to freely send me some abuse. Bear in mind that, being a professional salesman, I'm VERY used to rejection and ridicule. So, feel free to take off the gloves and have at it!

Theognome

nessam
11-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Tell me more about your wip. I am almost finished with my 2nd draft and I need to focus on something else.

WildBill
11-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Tell me more about your wip. I am almost finished with my 2nd draft and I need to focus on something else.

It's an apocalyptic Christian fiction series based on 2 Kings 23-23, Ezra, Nehemiah and other such scriptures. The work tells a dramatic fictional history of the next American revolution and the ultimate fall of the United States. It's told in four volumes, with about 20% of volume one's first draft complete.

Warning- the main protagonist is a corn-row drug dealing gang leader from the 'hood'. It's full of language and imagery you'd not expect from a Christian work. Secondly, although it is apocalyptic, it is not fantastic. So if you like such works as 'Left Behind', you'll probably struggle with this one. It's very gritty and realistic- designed so that a non-Christian can read it, sit back and have to admit that yes, it really could happen.

I suppose that's about as thumbnail as I can get.

Theognome

Parametric
11-11-2007, 02:42 PM
This sounds very cool. I confess all I know about apocalyptic fiction I learnt from The Stand, but I can crit plot, character, dialogue, tension etc and anything else that strikes me - sound good? How long is it? :)

WildBill
11-11-2007, 08:26 PM
The first six chapters are a little over 20k words. I dunno if I can PM something that size on this board, though. My email is theognome@hotmail.com, so if yer willing to help me out and take a swing or two at it, shoot me a quick note.

Theognome

WildBill
11-12-2007, 04:34 AM
Thanks to those who've accepted so far- and I'll likewise return the favor in kind. Any other takers?

Theognome