PDA

View Full Version : I may got my first job! and guess what? it's a cool one!

maxmordon
11-10-2007, 10:28 AM
My aunt is translator for History Channel and A&E Mundo in Latin America and because December season is coming I may have a job translating some Mindfreak episodes! woohoo! at least I didn't end up working in McDonald's as first job... but I was looking forward to having a Quarter of Pound with Cheese as a lunch at least twice a week...

Joe270
11-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Way to go, Max! Sounds great. No 'Want some fries with that' in your future.

Backward Masking
11-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Congrats. Make a bunch of money and spend it on frozen treats. :D

truelyana
11-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Wohoooo way to go Max. :partyguy:

I've fried fries before, it really wasn't that bad except I got burnt a couple of times. I enjoyed it, plus I also got to cook chickens. :D

Kerr
11-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Fantastic! Wouldn't we all choose straight upward if we could?

Kerr
still pounding nails, sob

maxmordon
11-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Thanks for your support!

KTC
11-11-2007, 12:55 AM
That sounds awesome! Way to go...good luck. I hope it pans out.

PS...I know it's just a translation thing, but I thought it was so cool the way you described that burger. Here, we call them QUARTER POUNDER...my son's favourite.

Anyway...let us know how it goes. CONGRATS!

maxmordon
11-11-2007, 02:53 AM
I know it's just a translation thing, but I thought it was so cool the way you described that burger. Here, we call them QUARTER POUNDER...my son's favourite.

Sorry :D is that here is called Cuarto de Libra con Queso. And I was too busy to look it up

Happy Meal: Cajita FelÝz (Happy little box)

Is it true that your McDonald's has Egg Burgers and Milkshakes?

KTC
11-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Happy little box! lol. Yes...they have milkshakes. Chocolate, Raspberry and Vanilla. Then, they have seasonal ones: Green Shamrock, Orange...and I think there's another one I'm forgetting.

Oh...and yes to the egg...but not really burgers. Just egg sandwiches...for breakfast.
http://pics.livejournal.com/rosemarypepper/pic/0007axp8/s320x240

Thanks for the Quarter Pounder name. I'm sharing that with my son. He'll think that's so cool...

To get back on topic...
Don't forget to let us know if you get that job!

III
11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Congratulations young man. As long as you can say "this is my most dangerous stunt, ever", you can translate every episode of Mindfreak. I wish I had your job :)

maxmordon
11-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Don't worry, I will keep all of you informed...!!!

The only regional variation of McDonald's I can think of is once when they served fried Yucca... darn, now I am hungry

KTC
11-11-2007, 07:16 AM
In the east coast of Canada they serve McLobster sandwiches in the summer. (-;

Kevin, getting hungry too.

Magdalen
11-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Congratulations! I hope you get to do translation work and I hope you enjoy it. I am happy for you. Good Luck!